Booster Help! More comfortable than Turbobooster

kalishea

Hi,
I took my son booster seat shopping to Target today to see if he liked either the Graco Turbobooster or Turbobooster with Safety Surround. He sat in both in the store and told me that the SS seat wasn't comfortable at all. He liked the regular Turbobooster better but the padded head pillow piece bothered him because his ears rubbed on it. I looked and it is removable but upon doing so, it's not padded at all and I am not entirely sure it is supposed to be removed while in use (just removable for washing, maybe?)? Anyway, anyone know if this padded head wing piece is optional? If not, maybe suggest another seat that is more comfortable all the way around?
Lastly, is the Graco Affix seat more similar in comfort to the TB or the TB with SS? It doesn't look like it has the wing headpiece but it also looks like it is built like the TB with SS in the picture so my son may not find it very comfortable either.
Thanks!

Last edited:
ADS

kidrepair

I'm surprised he didn't find the SS comfortable. DD4 who is 8 has ridden in hers for a couple of years and finds it comfortable and she sleeps great in it in longer car rides.

kalishea

Re: Booster Help! Turbobooster comfort...

I'm surprised he didn't find the SS comfortable. DD4 who is 8 has ridden in hers for a couple of years and finds it comfortable and she sleeps great in it in longer car rides.

I was surprised as well. I think if I hadn't had the two together where he could compare, he wouldn't have thought that but compared with the Turbobooster he said it was much more plush to sit on.

Not sure what to look at now.

kalishea

Re: Booster Help! Turbobooster comfort...

The pillow that slides in the headwings is removable. I found it to be too restrictive for most children.

Oh that's great to hear! I was thinking that it seemed a little tight for most heads but didn't want to get something and then start taking pieces off if I wasn't supposed to. Thank you!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Amp is a little deeper for leg support, lots of bigger kids really love it. Did you see the Chicco KidFit? It just came out, it's sooooo so so plush and deep, the Turbo SS felt like a brick in comparison. If it's not in your budget, I understand, the Amp is really a good one to try. Affix is roughly the same as the plain Turbo, it just has different shaped armrests.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC