BJMCD keeping it closed

flutie128

What can I use to keep my BJCMD closed. It is an older model so it doesn't have the latch like my 2011 BJCM. We are flying with it in 3 weeks and will be gate checking it. Also is there a stroller bag it would fit into?

ADS

Keeanh

Did you look under the stroller kinda inside the basket? There might be a velcro strap across the entire frame, behind where the kids' feet go. Mine has a velcro strap there that you take off the frame and use to hold the stroller closed. There's nothing about it in the manual.

For a plane trip, I think the zip ties are a great idea. I would use a couple on each side. I don't think I would trust one velcro strap (or for that matter, the latch clip) for a stroller that's being checked.

I used this when we flew. I took the wheels off and it slid right in. I used the stroller until we were at the gate and then put it in the bag and left it there. It has a handle on the side for lifting. It is really lightweight and folds up small, but it was thick enough to protect the seat. Since it is nylon I bought 2 thinking it might rip. It was dirty but had no damage to it.

http://www.giggle.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-giggle-Site/default/Product-Show?pid=0004093125

Athena

Did you look under the stroller kinda inside the basket? There might be a velcro strap across the entire frame, behind where the kids' feet go. Mine has a velcro strap there that you take off the frame and use to hold the stroller closed. There's nothing about it in the manual.

The double micro was a bit simpler, with a velcro strap that just went around a couple pieces of frame to hold it closed. How old is it? Are you sure there is not a strap because weren't the Micros from '09? Either way, if you want something more secure, I'd consider making my own velcro strap to secure well around the entire thing or buy a bag. I'd prefer a bag so they didn't get it dirty. Looks like other have some great ideas for that.

YinzerMama

If you zip tie it you may not be able to open it at the airport since you won't be able to carry slicey things ... You can buy velcro straps at home depot though, they should work. I think there are in the fastener type section, like where latches and such are...

tylersmom

Yinzermama's post made me think of those Velcro cable ties. You can a 100 pack for $7 on Amazon. They are 8in long. You can wrap them together to make a longer one if need be. That might be a good option.

YinzerMama

You could also if you are even remotely handy go to JoAnn's and get some canvas tape/webbing and a plastic clicky buckle from the notions department and sew something on, a la the new "latch" on the Bob stroller. Probably cost about 3-4 bucks total and would look pretty snazzy.

One of these days I may do that with my old bob... but I don't know if I would ever use it. Having it pop open when I pull it out of the car is actually a bonus for me. :D

But for travel, might be nice.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC