Best Infant Seats Under $100?

TM2000

We are expecting our 4th child at the end of October, but it's been 5 years since my twins were born and I feel so out of the loop on what to look for in infant seats. I really would like a bucket seat that's under $100, with a front tightening strap, and in the fairly higher range for weight/height limits. I would like to hear which seats are the easiest to install, and which have the most ease of use. One other note, I have a snap-n-go stroller and would love if the seat is compatible with it!

Also we are planning on buying a van, either an older Odyssey or Sedona. We currently have our 8 year old in a HBB, and the 5 year old twins FF in Radians.

Any advice and help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

ADS

jordansmom

Someone posted earlier Graco Snugride 35's are a special on woot.com today for $85 plus $5 shipping. Sounds like it would work perfectly for what you are looking!

aporthole

Urbini Petal is my favorite for under $100. It has features you would normally see on $200+ seats. Lock off on the base, Euro baseless routing, multiple crotch and hip positions, fits itty bitties well, generous limits.

The only drawback is that it isn't compatible with a snap and go stroller.

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Urbini Petal is my favorite for under $100. It has features you would normally see on $200+ seats. Lock off on the base, Euro baseless routing, multiple crotch and hip positions, fits itty bitties well, generous limits. The only drawback is that it isn't compatible with a snap and go stroller.

I agree. I have a Cybex Aton 2 and LOVE Euro routing for installation without the base -- but that seat is far from budget-friendly. The Urbini Petal is kind of awesome. While it isn't compatible with a snap and go, it is sold in travel systems for as little as $125 at Walmart (at least right now, the list price is $149). So for an extra $25 or so, you'd get a stroller to use with it and then afterwards as well. (Or if you already have a stroller you like for after the snap-and-go stage, you could sell the one that comes with the car seat once you were no longer using it with the bucket seat.) I would be all over that!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/34390633?...1.0.1&findingMethod=p13n&productRedirect=true

rin2809

Walmart has also regularly had the Snugride Click Connect 30s for around $90. We have used the Snugride Classic Connect 30 and liked it a lot. Has everything you mentioned you were looking for.

I would maybe look at the Safety 1st Onboard 35 as well if you have the front to back space in your vehicle. It is rated for 4-35lb and has more leg room than most seats. Amazon has one for $89 with free shipping right now (Amazon.com : Safety 1st onBoard 35 Infant Car Seat, Orion Blue : Rear Facing Child Safety Car Seats : Baby) and for $30 more they have a really nice air protect version. This would have been my choice if I were in your situation, but I tend to have seriously tall kiddos.

This article may help you at least get a starting idea of the recommended seats: http://csftl.org/recommended-seats/#rfo

Not sure about snap and go fit on either, though online forums say the Onboard fits.

agent220

I agree. I have a Cybex Aton 2 and LOVE Euro routing for installation without the base -- but that seat is far from budget-friendly. The Urbini Petal is kind of awesome. While it isn't compatible with a snap and go, it is sold in travel systems for as little as $125 at Walmart (at least right now, the list price is $149). So for an extra $25 or so, you'd get a stroller to use with it and then afterwards as well. (Or if you already have a stroller you like for after the snap-and-go stage, you could sell the one that comes with the car seat once you were no longer using it with the bucket seat.) I would be all over that!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/34390633?...1.0.1&findingMethod=p13n&productRedirect=true

Very intrigued here -- can you get a second base for the Urbini easily? Or does it install baseless easily as well? I have 2 vehicles our next baby seat would probably be going into.
(ETA: I saw walmart had for the sonti, not for the petal...unless they are the same base?)

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Very intrigued here -- can you get a second base for the Urbini easily? Or does it install baseless easily as well? I have 2 vehicles our next baby seat would probably be going into. (ETA: I saw walmart had for the sonti, not for the petal...unless they are the same base?)

Unlikely that they are the same base. :-(

According to this article, the release mechanisms are different, which probably means they can't be the same base.

http://csftl.org/urbini-sonti-review/

agent220

Yeah, I just saw that myself.

I like the Sonti better, anyway. It's a little more, but still $140 for a seat with 2 bases is reasonable. I just wish it had a longer expiration.

aporthole

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC