Question Best infant convertible for 2005 Honda Element

U

Unregistered

Asking for my brother and his wife...which infant convertible seats work best for the 2005 Honda Element? They are about to have their first child in August.
Thanks!

ADS

lgenne

I'm not sure what year my mom's Element is, but it's probably pretty close to 2005. In my experience, installs are a breeze. The seat and back are both very flat and not very padded, so just about everything goes in easily. There's plenty of front to back space, and only 2 seating positions, so bulky seats that take up lots of space aren't a problem. The issue is getting rear facers in and out due to the unusual back doors.

I saw a mom at day care unloading through the tailgate, which doesn't narrow things down much. It's probably what I would do. The one car seat that could make a big difference is the Orbit Toddler, which is pricey and only rear faces to 35 pounds, while nearly everything else on the market rear faces to 40 pounds or more. It might be worth it if they don't want to load through the tailgate, though.

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Welcome to car-seat.org and congratulations on your new niece or nephew!

Can you clarify what kind of seat they are looking for? An "infant seat" is a rear-facing only seat that has a handle and clicks into a base when used in the car, but can also be used to carry the baby out of the car or clicked into a compatible stroller. A "convertible seat" is a stay-in-car car seat that is used rear-facing (either from birth or after an infant seat is outgrown) but later can be used forward-facing when the child is older.

Is your brother looking for a convertible seat that can be used from birth? Or an infant seat that can be put on a stroller?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC