Best deal on 2012 BJCE?

noahsmom24

I'm wanting to actually make the purchase of a BJCE today, I decided to go ahead and go with the 2012 version and wondering if there is any better deal then $399. I figure not, and that's ok but worth trying.
Or maybe a coupon code/deal, something?

Oh and I still can't pick a color, do you guys think RED is to flashy?! lol I had the black micro and liked it but sort of wanting a different color, I know the sand is supposed to be darker then it appears in pics more the color of dirt, but It's hard without seeing it in person. hmm

ADS

noahsmom24

As much as I want this stroller I'm having a HARD time making the purchase now that the day has come to actually buy it, $400 for a stroller :eek:...But, I really want one that will last ds at least a couple more years so he can go walking/very light jogging with me. I've read the 2012 has the tallest head room height of all the BJ strollers. He is definitely a stroller kid and enjoys it, as do I being able to take him more places with me without having to worry about leaving earlier or tantrums, it's just hard to place it as a "need" I suppose...and just thinking about having a nice stroller for our zoo/camping trips makes it worth it as well...
Ok, stroller purchase vent over...

(and please understand ds is made to walk, he's not always sitting in a stroller!)

crunchierthanthou

I'd be really surprised to find any sort of discount on the 2012s. If it's anything, it will probably be a site that accidentally failed to exclude BJ on a coupon code or something. It's unlikely you'll find them on any sort of sale or discount. Baby Jogger sales are rare to start, and these are just coming out.

And I totally understand having a hard time pulling the trigger. I think my BJCE is worth every penny I paid- all $250 of it. I don't know if I could justify $400 on a stroller for a 4 year old.

noahsmom24

I'd be really surprised to find any sort of discount on the 2012s. If it's anything, it will probably be a site that accidentally failed to exclude BJ on a coupon code or something. It's unlikely you'll find them on any sort of sale or discount. Baby Jogger sales are rare to start, and these are just coming out.

And I totally understand having a hard time pulling the trigger. I think my BJCE is worth every penny I paid- all $250 of it. I don't know if I could justify $400 on a stroller for a 4 year old.

This is the hard part, I still havent bought it and I am really reconsiderig and just going for the previous BJCE...The 2012 might offer more head room but I imagine it wont be A ton more and surely not worth another $200 on top of what I could find an earlier model BJCE.

noahsmom24

Yes it does :) I plan to order one of the pre-2012 bjce today, Now just to pick a color...:)
How much more room do you see he has to grow, if any?

flutie128

I have a BJCE and my DS who is 7.5 can comfortably ride in it. He is 50 inches tall and 54 pounds. I tried him in the BJCMD and his head is at the top of the canopy when it is open and it is over it when it is folded up.

Here he is when I first got it. I believe he was in Kindergarten at the time so 2 years ago.
IMG_2862.jpg

Here is DD at the time as well. She was about 15 months I think.
IMG_2863.jpg

noahsmom24

Wow, why does your blue look so much darker and pretty then the light light blue I see in pictures? and thanks so much for the pics!! :) I'm now just having such a hard time with picking a color. I am the complete worst with decision making! I'm going to ask S/O for help I think, although he thinks I'm nuts buying another stroller too :(

flutie128

Wow, why does your blue look so much darker and pretty then the light light blue I see in pictures? and thanks so much for the pics!! :) I'm now just having such a hard time with picking a color. I am the complete worst with decision making! I'm going to ask S/O for help I think, although he thinks I'm nuts buying another stroller too :(

I think it is a different color. I think they changed the color the next model year but honestly I don't really remember.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC