Any advice on how to get 3 across in my Sienna with just 1 car seat purchase?

agent220

The truth is I'm not even 100% comfortable with my 6.5 yo not being harnessed and my 5 yo is a pipsqueak, so it really bothers me not to do so...

The Dreamtime looks like a great booster, but from the blog it doesn't seem like an ideal seat for a small child (like mine). Is that correct? I do have a backless Harmony for emergency use in my in-laws' car for my 1st grader since it's well rated and is good for smaller children.

Maybe I should get 2 Sceneras (at $60 each, it would be $120 so still less than getting a Radian or whatever) -- is the padding really bad that my kids won't be comfortable on long trips?

ADS

NannyMom

agent220 said:
The truth is I'm not even 100% comfortable with my 6.5 yo not being harnessed and my 5 yo is a pipsqueak, so it really bothers me not to do so...

The Dreamtime looks like a great booster, but from the blog it doesn't seem like an ideal seat for a small child (like mine). Is that correct? I do have a backless Harmony for emergency use in my in-laws' car for my 1st grader since it's well rated and is good for smaller children.

Maybe I should get 2 Sceneras (at $60 each, it would be $120 so still less than getting a Radian or whatever) -- is the padding really bad that my kids won't be comfortable on long trips?

The scenera is really a small seat and I wouldn't be surprised if your kids are over the top slots. I don't think it's the best option for your situation.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
The Harmony fits small children really well. It's now my 37 pound 6 year old's main seat and it works great for her. I tried her sister, who is 4y11m and 31 pounds 44 inches, and she had great belt fit.

lg's gma

CPS Technician
I know this thread is a few days old, but what about keeping the Chase and replacing the Nautilus with a Maestro? That would fit well within your budget and the Maestro and Chase would be quite a bit narrower than the Nautilus and Chase together. The Nautilus is an awesome seat but not very three-across friendly.

Good luck!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC