News AmerTac recalls night lights due to fire and burn hazard

kandamom

I hope it's okay if I post a product recall on here.

In December, we had one of these night lights start on fire in ds2's bedroom while he was in bed. While I am relieved that these night lights are finally recalled, I can't help but wonder how many of the 17 other fires, etc. occurred prior to our incident. Some of you read my post about our fire a little while back.

CPSC info: http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml11/11123.html?tab=recalls

Here is a picture of our night light after it burned. It was on the floor in flames by the time I got to it. It caused a huge amount of smoke and sprayed ash all over everything in the bedroom. From what ds2 said, it sounds like the thing basically exploded.

productcopy-1.jpg

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC