Alpha Omega Elite vs Alpha Omega

colt's mom

I'm hoping someone can give me some info on the difference between the Alpha Omega ELITE and the basic Alpha Omega (it's 1 yr old). I have a friend selling the AO for $50, but Sams club has the AOE on clearance for $89. I trust this friend that the seat hasn't been abused or in an accident bc she's a carseat nut like me, but I'm wondering what the feature differences are.

I've searched online, but can't find any info on the AO and can't find anything comparing the two seats. Only difference I know of for sure is the armrests.

ADS

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Unless the US is different (I'm in Canada) the differences are probably worth the money. There are two (three?) crotch buckle positions on the AOE which vastly improves the fit, the harness can be adjusted from the front with two tabs up by the head rather than from the back (which may or may not matter to you), and the base on the AOE is MUCH friendlier when installing - it's not horribly flared and bulky like the AO. Brand new seats in Canada are now all 40lbs RF and 65lbs FF; I don't know if there are weight differences between the two seats you're looking at, but it would definitely be something to check.

And of course they both make horrid, dangerous boosters.

Are you interested in considering any other seat? There might be something that suits your needs better.

Info about the age and weight of your child, torso height, and your vehicle would be useful if you are.

U

Unregistered

First of all, thanks for the reply. I'm now wondering if the seat my friend is selling IS an AO, because the adjustment knobs are at the top in the front of the carseat, not the back.

I am open to other seats, I'm just looking for something affordable (cheap) right now. I actually have two seats that I'm using now (truefit and Radian). My son is 20 months and on the small side and I intend to keep him rear facing until it's no longer an option. Both the Radian and Truefit are supposedly good for that EXCEPT the fact that the truefit is a nightmare rear facing. In my truck it is 100% impossible to access the release button to loosen the harness so tightening or loosening the straps doesn't work at all. It's a shame bc I like the seat and will love it forward facing, but for RF it sucks. Right now we just never adjust the harness when we put him in and out, but when he decides he wants to fight getting in or out of the seat (which is common right now) its a serious pain in the butt. So, I am not looking to spend a ton of money on a new seat since I really only need it while rear facing. I was looking to buy this used seat just to save the money for now, but then I saw the AOE on clearance at Sams and figured I'd check into it. I do not really love either seat, just like the price. Input is welcomed!

colt's mom

Ok, I posted a reply to you, but I don't see it showing yet. But I think I screwed up and forgot to log in so it shows as an unregistered user.
If it doesn't post, I'll re-write it.
But what I forgot to anwser the last part of your post.

My son is 20 months old, 24 lbs, 32 inches (he's small). This is going in a 2006 Toyota Tundra. There is plenty of space, my problem has been finding a RF seat w a harness that can be adjusted after installed. Currently the seat presses against the base of our seat and you can not access the button to loosen the harness at all.

Kaitsmom

The AO/E can be a nightmare to install rfing, I would skip it.

Look at the Safety 1st Guide 65, Cosco APT, Cosco Scenera for under $100, the APT and Scenera are around $50. The Britax Roundabout is I think $120 online at a few places right now and I have had my Classic Marathon rfing in trucks and no problem adjusting the harness.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I would try most other seats before the Alpha Omega (Elite).

How about a Cosco Apt?

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
Ohhh! I know a trick for accessing the harness adjuster of a fringe Truefit!

After installing, wedge a rolled up doubled hand towel or chunk of pool noodle into the crack between the front of the seat and the vehicle seat on both sides of the adjusted to compress the vehicle seat padding and leave a gap for your fingers.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC