5 month old with reflux. Graco myride 65?

sopamanda

My 5 month old has severe reflux. She's currently in a snugride 22. She also screams bloody murder OFTEN when she's in her carseat.

Given that we'll have to get a convertible in the future anyway, I'm thinking of trying it sooner than later to see if it's the angle of the seat that bothers her tummy perhaps (is this a possibility??).

Target has a one day deal today with a graco myride 65 for $119. Is this a good option? I like the Boulevard for our spendy seat but I'd like to cut corners (and not safety) on the second seat, and I'm ready to bite on the lesser expensive seat.

We have an 2004 Accord LX and a 2003 CRV. My DS is in a Monterey in the Accord, a Turbobooster in the CRV.

Would she be safer in the center of the seat in either car and is this a possibility or recommended in either car?

Many thanks!!!

ADS

Mugsmom

The MyRide worked well for our reflux baby!

Infant seats made both our refluxers scream. Britax convertibles didn't work for us either.

Good luck, I know how hard it is to have a reflux baby, but it does get better!

jjordan

If possible, try your baby in the seats before you buy. You never know what a baby will like or hate.

A center installation is recommended if possible. Just be aware that many cars do not have LATCH in the center position, so you may need to use the seatbelt to install. This is not a safety issue as either LATCH or the seatbelt is considered equally safe, if the installation is good. And you can't always tell if you have LATCH just by checking for the lower anchors, because you might be seeing the lower anchors from the outer seating positions and assuming they are for the center. So be sure to check your vehicle manual to find the allowable LATCH positions before installing any car seat with LATCH.

sopamanda

Will the myride or blvd fit center with a turbobooster and a monterey???

Is the myride awesome? Anything else I should consider that's at a good price point?

I can get the myride for about $115. I imagine this is a buy it now price???

Thanks!

Mugsmom

We've owned 6 or so carseats, and the My Ride is my favorite. I do prefer the one without safety surround though, because it pushed DD's head forward too much.

I think we paid $130, and that was just a couple months ago, so yes, it's a good price.

jjordan

If I had a booster and a rear facing convertible, I'd put the booster in the center position (as long as it had a lap/shoulder belt there), if I could get the seats correctly installed like that. The rule of thumb is that you try to put the least protected child in the most protected spot. Rear facing children are very well protected, so the booster rider should go in the center, the most protected spot. (I completely missed the first time around that you had a booster rider as well! Oops!)

That said, you might not be able to fit a booster right next to a convertible that you like. The MyRide and Boulevard are quite wide, BUT on the other hand, they both sometimes puzzles together well with other seats. I'd definitely try the seats you are interested in in your car with the boosters before buying.

Target used to have the MyRide on sale for $100 a few times a year. I don't know if $115 is now the lowest they'll go. It is a pretty good price, but not an "OH MY SOUL MUST BUY THIS SEAT ASAP" price, IMO.

kam1011

HBTB and RF My Ride puzzle great. Facing the same direction, I have some trouble, depending on the TB height. I think in a different vehicle, they may puzzle together, like if there's a hump. DH's backseat is completely flat and plain. Also the FF My Ride puzzles well with a backless TB.

TheNimpsGirl

My son had horrible reflux (silent) when he was an infant; actually he still has reflux (still takes meds, we still watch his acid intake with foods, etc).

We moved him to the MR around 8 months from his bucket seat and honestly, it may have caused a bit less screaming in the car. It wasn't like night and day different though. Sorry, if that's the answer you were hoping for.

However, yes, outside of the car if he was sleeping, like in his bouncer, he fussed less then when he laid down. He never could get comfy laying flat down. Still can't.

V

VanIsleMommy

since you'll eventually have to buy a new seat anyway, I would give the myride a try. as others said though, I prefer the kind without the head pillows.. I have an older version and my son LOVED that seat. he hated his infant bucket. he had a different issue with either a collapsing trachea or large tonsils so different than reflux, but because the myride has a little bit of flexibility in the angle of the install you can keep them a little more upright than some other seats.

U

Unregistered

Hi, sorry to hear you have to deal with a reflux baby. I know it is not fun (we had two). Both ours did not do well in the bucket seats (Chicco Keyfit 30) but improved in Britax Marathon / Boulevard. Good luck! Reflux does end!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC