Question 5 Kids in 2000 Sienna

cmzimer

We are expecting baby #5 in May 2016. Trying to figure out how or if we can fit everyone. We have a 2000 Sienna with retroactive tether anchors installed. My kids are as follows:
9 year old 80lbs 4.5 feet in Britax Frontier Booster Mode
6 year old 55 lbs 3ft 9in in a Britax Frontier Harness Mode
4 year old 40 lbs 3ft 6in in a Britax Frontier Clicktight Harness mode
19 month old (will be 2 when baby arrives) 24 lbs 2 ft 7 in rfing in First Years Truefit which will expire at the end of 2016
I don't know yet what the baby will be in, open to suggestions.
So will they all fit and with what seats?
Posted via Mobile Device

ADS

Dillipop

We are expecting baby #5 in May 2016. Trying to figure out how or if we can fit everyone. We have a 2000 Sienna with retroactive tether anchors installed. My kids are as follows:
9 year old 80lbs 4.5 feet in Britax Frontier Booster Mode
6 year old 55 lbs 3ft 9in in a Britax Frontier Harness Mode
4 year old 40 lbs 3ft 6in in a Britax Frontier Clicktight Harness mode
19 month old (will be 2 when baby arrives) 24 lbs 2 ft 7 in rfing in First Years Truefit which will expire at the end of 2016
I don't know yet what the baby will be in, open to suggestions.
So will they all fit and with what seats?
Posted via Mobile Device

Is it a 7 or 8 passenger? Where do you have tether anchors? Captains chairs in the middle or a bench? Do you have headrests in all rear positions? How about lap/shoulder belts?

I think you'll need slimmer seats to make this work. I would look into a cosco Incognito for the 9 year old. At 9 and 80 lbs, a backless booster is a great choice. Just make sure where ever you put it, there is a lap/shoulder belt and headrests.

For the 6 and 4 year olds, I'd consider Harmony Defenders if you can get them installed. They are great seats that hold up to 65 lbs in harness mode and are on the narrower side. Your 6 year old would also be safe in a high back booster if he can sit properly at all times. For a highback booster, I've read the Britax Parkway is relatively slim. The Harmony dreamtime, though short, is pretty narrow.

The true fit, in addition to being close to expiration, is such a wide seat too. I'd probably look into a Diono Radian or Cosco Scenera Next. Both are narrow and should last rearfacing quite awhile. The Next will be outgrown when he hits the rearfacing limits but the Diono offers a high harness to last quite awhile once forward facing.

As for the baby, I believe the Chicco Keyfit is pretty narrow. I have a Combi Shuttle and it puzzles well for side by side seating. Or you could go for a convertible from birth and the Next works well for newborns. As does the Diono radian.

You should definitely be able to get everyone to fit but I think you'll have to overhaul your whole arrangement. Where would you prefer everyone sit and maybe we can help out a bit further.

cmzimer

It's a 7 passenger with anchors behind driver's side captains seat, driver and passenger side rear bench seat. All seats have head rests and shoulder belts except middle bench seat. Just for reference my 4 year old is very long torsoed. I don't know the specs on the defender for harness height. What about the Ride Safer Vest for my 6 year old? I don't really have preferences for where everyone sits. I would like if at all possible to buy as few new seats as possible.

Here is a possible scenario that I had: 9 year old in
high back booster in one side of bench seat,6 year old in Ride Safer Vest in other side of bench seat, 1 year old in True Fit (until expiration) in middle, 4 year old still in Frontier in driver's side captains seat and baby in other captains seat.Would this work?
Posted via Mobile Device

lgenne

I think that's doubtful. Your 9 year old will have a hard time buckling, if it's even possible. The 6 year old might have difficulty, too.

I would get a narrow convertible, probably a Graco "clone" (MySize/Size4Me/Fit4Me) or something that sits up high on a narrow base, like a Graco MyRide or Evenflo Sureride for that center bench position.

For the 9 year old, I agree with Dillipop: an Incognito is the way to go. (Except the brand is Safety 1st, not Cosco.) that will make buckling straightforward. For the 4 or 6 year old, I'd look at the Graco Tranzitions.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC