5 kid deaths mentioned (crash). No restraints

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
On a semi related note - this happened last month but I guess the news did a follow up yesterday,a friend just posted this on my Facebook -

http://www.9news.com/rss/story.aspx?storyid=284507

Three year old unbuckled his seat at some point, mom crashed into the back of a bus and the kid is paralyzed now. It really just breaks my heart, so many of these are SO preventable.

ADS

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
So sad! I walked into Sams the other morning at 7:30. There was a 15 passenger van outside with no carseats. I parked beside it. While inside I saw a family of 12 shopping. Ages were about 1 yr to adult. My heart broke inside.

While working one of the largest events in central Arkansas, I noticed that I was seeing the same Hispanic lady over and over. She was going door to door in her neighborhood and bringing families to get restraints as most had none. She became a tech 4 months later and she is teaching me more and more car seat lingo in Spanish. I speak some roughly from working in a restaurant for years.

RubysGirl

On a semi related note - this happened last month but I guess the news did a follow up yesterday,a friend just posted this on my Facebook -

http://www.9news.com/rss/story.aspx?storyid=284507

Three year old unbuckled his seat at some point, mom crashed into the back of a bus and the kid is paralyzed now. It really just breaks my heart, so many of these are SO preventable.

That said that he unbuckled his chest clip. I wonder if it was just unbuckled, or if he moved one or both of his arms out of the harness.

I really don't like chest clips. I'm glad we have them so kids don't try to get the harness off, but once they master the chest clip they go for the harness. Thankfully only one of my kids has done the open the chest clip thing. It was nipped quick between the pulling over and stopping, and the user here who sent us a britax clip for his radian. (It's still there! The radian clip is a joke.)

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
That said that he unbuckled his chest clip. I wonder if it was just unbuckled, or if he moved one or both of his arms out of the harness.

I really don't like chest clips. I'm glad we have them so kids don't try to get the harness off, but once they master the chest clip they go for the harness. Thankfully only one of my kids has done the open the chest clip thing. It was nipped quick between the pulling over and stopping, and the user here who sent us a britax clip for his radian. (It's still there! The radian clip is a joke.)

My son unbuckled his exactly once - sometime just after turning 3 I think. I heard it click and we pulled over right away and had a moment lol. He knows better now. And he actually reminds me all the time why we wear our seat belts and that kinda thing.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC