4 and 1 on the way

U

Unregistered

I'm wondering if anyone has had luck with fitting 5 car seats in a toyota sienna? We have a 2009 and 2 high back boosters, 2 forward facing convertible seats and an infant joining us this summer. I think we would be able to get 3 across in the middle seat but then how in the world do the older kids get to their boosters in the back? I don't want anyone climbing over seats to enter and exit the vehicle. I'm wondering if it would be better to just get a larger vehicle that could hold 3 seats across the back, like a suburban or something?

ADS

Dillipop

You have an 8 seater? Then you are golden. Is there any chance one of your highback users is ready to go to a backless booster? That makes it easiest to juggle but isn't entirely necessary.

Will you be using an infant seat? If so, put it outboard on either side of the van using latch. Before putting the seat on the base, the upper portion of the seat will be able to tumble forward enough for the older kids to slide by it. It will be even easier if you can move the seat forward as much as possible. Then put your 2 forward facers in the center and outboard spots that are left and your booster kids in the rear.

This will work with a convertible as well but the top portion of the seat won't flip forward as much. But kids are small and can get through lots of spaces.

One one of your big kids is ready for a backless booster, I put that on the seat I want to flip. It's easy to move out of the way and allows me access to buckle the forward facer that got moved to the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rin2809

Forgive, me, I'm not really familiar with the vehicle, but is there a reason that you can't fit 3 seats in the rear that you have now? It looks like there is a LATCH position with t a tether in the center of the rear seat.

I would try to put one of your harnessed FF kiddos in the center of the rear seat and the HBB kiddos on each side. Then you can put the other FF kiddo in the captain's chair, the baby in the other and leave the center open. If you are using an infant seat with a base, it should be easy to get around on one side, or a low profile FF seat would be easy to get by on the other side. It may mean you need to purchase some new narrower convertibles or Combo seats, but it should work.

I don't know if it is an option, but the best would be to have a bucket seat and the middle seat up and leave one end of the center open, but not sure if that is possible with the Sienna.

momtoo3

What seats do you currently have?

I have an 03 caravan and have a few different options to get 3 across my third row.

I have had a forward facing evenflo sureride in the center with a high back booster on one side and a backless booster on the other.

A forward facing graco myride works in place of the sureride. It's all about the forward facing seat being up on a higher base than the boosters.

My current set up doesn't apply to you unless your current youngest could be turned rear facing again. In that case a high back booster, a rear facing scenera next and a backless booster fit with room to buckle. I could replace the backless with another high back booster if needed.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC