3 seats in f150 extended cab

U

Unregistered

We currently have 3 seats. My oldest 2 complain about the triumph advance hurting their backs and sure enough they do have marks from the seat. We will be looking for a new seat for 8 mth old and getting 2 new seats for the oldest. Not sure what to get for youngest. I was never happy with how his seat fit and rather put him in a convertible if I can. The other two are 4.5 and 2.5 both tall for their age. I was thinking frontier 85 for the oldest, not sure about the sitc. But they would all have to fit of course. I don't know what we will do when number 4 comes, no plans yet. That is our main vehicle and we use it a lot. Oh it's a 2009 if that helps. Thanks

ADS

djma

Do you have your 2.5 rearfacing or forward facing?

The frontier would be great for the oldest. Just double check on Britax's stance on how much of the base needs to be on the vehicle seat. (Hopefully someone will chime in with that) I personally would bypass the SICT, only because I would fear that it would hinder getting 3 seats across.

What about a Diono/Sunshine Kids Radian for the middle child? It's a good narrow seat that helps when needing 3 across.

lovemy2kidstw

djma said:
Do you have your 2.5 rearfacing or forward facing?

The frontier would be great for the oldest. Just double check on Britax's stance on how much of the base needs to be on the vehicle seat. (Hopefully someone will chime in with that) I personally would bypass the SICT, only because I would fear that it would hinder getting 3 seats across.

Britax allows a 20% overhang. The SICT more than likely will not fit w/ a 3 across. DH has a 2002 F350 extended cab & I can put DD's frontier 85 on either side w/ my DS RF in the center with either an Evenflo triumph advance, Evenflo tribute, or britax MA70.

U

Unregistered

Thanks. Middle is ff. I wonder how much the seat would hang off. I feel better when they fit completely on. The triuphm advance does. Just don't like the bruises it's leaving on their backs. What seat should I look at for my 8 mth old? Thanks

lovemy2kidstw

Unregistered said:
Thanks. Middle is ff. I wonder how much the seat would hang off. I feel better when they fit completely on. The triuphm advance does. Just don't like the bruises it's leaving on their backs. What seat should I look at for my 8 mth old? Thanks

It depends on the size of the back seat. In DH's truck, the FR85 fit with about 20% overhang. I understand feeling better with all of the seat on, but if the manufacturer allows it then I'm comfortable.

bubbaray

The fr should fit without any overhang in a 2009.

I don't know if the 2009 permits a car seat in the front seat if you are looking at driving with 4 kids and 2 adults. The 2011 definitely does but it has a headrest and L/S belt center front

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

U

Unregistered

Thanks.

I don't have a budget really. I know that we are limited to what we can do and will do what is necessary. I originally was going to get SK for all. The TA is a good seat, the same kind kept my 1st safe in an accident, I just worry about those marks it's leaving. They are right on the spine and keep getting darker, that I just hope they go away.

We use our truck, I don't know what kind of a trade we could get with it. It has a few dents and dings and mileage. I do wish they made a truck with a third row and shorter bed, like the sports trac but bigger. We may look at an explorer down the road and get a small trailer, but we have to pay this off first.

Thanks again.

lovemy2kidstw

You could get 2 FR85's & put one outboard on each side w/ the 8 mo old RF in the center, in the Evenflo. I think it is a better seat for RF rather than FF. That is the seat that DS uses in DH's truck & I like it for RF. DD has rode in it FF & it hurt her back & belly. If you don't like the Evenflo, you could get a Britax MA70 or BV70 to RF in the center. I know the MA70 center & the FR85 on one side will fit, so it shouldn't be a problem to put another FR85 on the other side. I know there are other seats that will work, but these are the only seats I have experience with in this type of truck.

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
Before spending money on a seat for the baby, I would try him out in one of your current triumph. See if it works for him.

What are the kids weights and torso heights? That would really help. We have owned way, way to many trucks over the years. I have done many 3 across. We had a 2009ish extended cab for a while. We had 4 kids so we had one up front and center. We will be making a trip this weekend in the truck with our youngest in the front middle spot.

Is your f150 a 5 seater or 6 seater? Ford allows seats in the front middle spot. So do dodge. Chevy doesn't. I don't know about foreign because we never buy them.

U

Unregistered

I will have to measure them but doing the 2 britax frontiers and one old seat may work well.

Our truck has a flip up seat in the front. It's a cupholder/rest, you can flip up to seat their but idk about being able to do a carseat there.

Thank you all for the help.

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
Yes, you can put a carseat where the console flips up. I have done it many times. Ford always it. When we had our 2009ish F150 extended cab. Our front middle seat was a BV65 or a scerena always FF. You can't put a rf up front because of the airbag and you can't use a booster there because it is only a lap belt.

Our back row at that time was 2 turbos and a rf scerena or BV65. We could do that in any order. The middle was a lap/shoulder belt.

I wouldn't put anyone upfront until you have #4. Not saying to do it now, but saying that you can fit a family of 6 into your truck. We have done it.

U

Unregistered

Ok thanks for the info. It is good to know. We love are truck. That needs 3rd row seating!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC