Question 3 carseats in Honda Accord

M

MKM

Hi, there. I have a 2012 Honda Accord and I'm wondering if there are three carseats that will fit in my backseat safely. I have an Evenflo Sureride DLX Booster currently for my 4 yr old, and I have a Britax Advocate for my 2 year old (both kids are front facing) and I am going to have a newborn in an infant seat in a few months. I know my Advocate has to go because its so wide -- so I'm wondering what else could I get to go next to the Evenflo for the 2 year old and infant?

ADS

Cnidaria

The Advocate is wide on top; if you were to turn it rear-facing, would it fit next to the SureRide with the SureRide in the middle and the Advocate on one side? Just a thought.

1mommy

You could try a Harmony Defender, they are pretty narrow, but hard to find currently (try walmart, target, and Burlington coat factory) There's also the Diono Radian which is a convertible but very narrow, or it might be worth trying a Graco MySize/Size 4 me, which is not quite as narrow as the Radian.

brooksfamily

Advocate RF outboard, Evenflow in middle (do you have a Secure Kid Combination or a Sureride Convertible?) and a narrow infant seat outboard may fit.

If you don't want to rf the 2 year old, then you might be able to fit advocate and Evenflo ff out board but I would think it would be a PIA to haul an infant seat up and over an outboard seat...maybe see if a cocorro or next would fit in the middle if you are open to not using an infant seat.

I know Accords are somewhat generous for a sedan but not all that familiar with their width and what would work 3 across.

M

MKM

Thank you! My 2 year old is very tall so yeah, i don't want her to be rearfacing. I just ordered a Graco Size4Me because it says it has the same dimensions as the MyRide (Graco) and I recall that being pretty narrow as my mom has one at her house for the kids. The Evenflo I just ordered (that I could return...) is a SecureKid DLX Booster. It's not as narrow as I hoped for, but narrower than the Advocate and it's VERY secure and comfortable which I love so I would like to keep that for my oldest child (the 4 year old) if I can and don't mind replacing seats for the other kids. Anyone know if the Graco Snugride is significantly wider than the Chicco KeyFit?

Cnidaria

If you don't want to turn the 2 yo RF, the Defender is narrow but it doesn't really puzzle together with other seats (and the SureRide FF is so puzzle-worthy with those rounded-over sides!). It might work though.

This is another idea that might be worth a phone call: an Evenflo Maestro without one or both of its cupholders looks like it might possibly puzzle well with a FF SureRide. http://carseatblog.com/22254/caps-f...nal-model-without-cup-holders/comment-page-1/ The trick is that the last comment on the page says that Evenflo will no longer sell the armrest caps. But it might be worth a call to see if you get the same story or not!

Heck, you could try a Frontier. At least that's one that would be easy for you to try in your car, at Babies R Us or Buy Buy Baby or someplace.

MelodyoftheForest

My mom has a 2014, and it is pretty generous in width, but only if you only to seatbelt installs. The lower anchors are too close to the center to wor in a three across. If it is the same design, the buckles are set up nicely and not overlapping, so that helps!

Edit: the seat is also deep, so overhang shouldn't be an issue either. Hers is a Sport if that matters.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC