3 boosters & 2 harnessed seats in an '07 Ody - Will it work?

stephpook

We are leaving for a trip to Florida (15 hour drive) on Saturday morning and may need to pick up another child on the way. He's newly 9 and 80 pounds and rides without a booster in his parents car, but I'll need to have a booster in my van for him as I'm not just going to assume that he'll five-step. I have four kids (two in boosters and two in harnessed seats) and have not had much luck getting a third booster to fit in my van with the seats I have. Unfortunately, I'm in Arizona at the moment for my grandmother's funeral and won't be returning to Maryland until Friday afternoon. I'll have precious little time to try and find a configuration that works and will be limited to the seats that I have on hand. I was hoping someone might be able to tell me if there's a chance this will work, and if so, what configurations to try. If it's not going to be possible, then his parents will find another way to get him where he needs to go, so I don't HAVE to do this, we're just the more convenient option. Here are the pertinent details:

baby rides in a RF My Ride (currently 2nd row captains chair behind driver)
3.5 year old rides in a FF SK Radian 65SL, but can go RF with AA if necessary (currently 2nd row captains chair passenger side)
6.5 year old rides in a HB Parkway SGL - can go backless if needed, but I'd rather not (currently 3rd row passenger side)
almost 8 year old rides in a HB SK Monterey, but I'll probably put him in a backless Turbo for the trip (currently 3rd row drivers side)
I have another TB I can use for the 9 year old

We do have the 8th seat that I can put in the van if needed

I know this is going to severely limit my options, but I'd rather the two harnessed seats weren't side by side because my 3.5 year old will kick and otherwise mess with his baby sister and I'm not going to spend 15 hours yelling at him to leave her alone, or risk him hurting her.

Any ideas?

ADS

patterson0711

Any chance you'd want to have a Bubble Bum on hand for instances like this (backup booster/travel booster)? I know the interior dimensions are probably a little different, but in my '12 Ody I had a Graco HBB Turbo, a Monterey & a Bubble Bum in the last row w/ several inches to spare. If you ordered one online now, it would probably be @ your house by the time you got back.

Just a thought. I'm sure there might be easier-accessed options (or better yet, maybe the TB would fit & you won't have to do anything extra! That middle seat is just so narrow) :-/

stephpook

Hmmm...I haven't tried the MR in the third row between the boosters. It wouldn't be ideal but it might work. And I'll have to talk to my husband about the bubble bum...

stephpook

If anyone is interested, backless turbo/MR/Parkway was unsuccessful, however, I was able to squeeze in a backless turbo/Scenera/Parkway.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC