Question 3 across. Who gets the which carseat and where do they go? What do I do with nanny kiddo?

Belle's Mamma

As of next week I will need to do 3 across
Details:

Car - Kia Forte 2012

Kids:
- DD almost 6yo
- DS 4.5yo
- Nanny kid 16mo (currently riding in an 11yo bucket seat :( in her parent's car)

Seats that would fit:
- Radian XTSL
- Radian 80
- ???? parents aren't willing to get a new seat & I'm still trying to figure out a solution there.

DD can FF in either radian
DD can FF or RF in either radian

Who should go where in which seat?

WWYD with Nanny kiddo?

ADS

mdsvc89

The "least protected" child should go in the middle, which is the 6 year old in the ff radian.

As for the toddler -- eek! I'm guessing the bucket is both expired AND too small, since IIRC bucket seats of that era had max weight of 20 or 22lbs.

You'll need something RF, and definitely NOT the expired bucket from her parents' car.

Scenera is cheap, but can be difficult to install. I think the argos is also recommended sometimes.

I'd buy an inexpensive convertible, with the plan of passing the 6 year old's radian down to the nanny baby when the radian is outgrown for height or weight and your older child moves to a booster.

amyd

Is your 6 yo ready for a booster? That's what I'd do and use the Radians for younger child and nanny child.

henrietta

I'd buy an inexpensive convertible, with the plan of passing the 6 year old's radian down to the nanny baby when the radian is outgrown for height or weight and your older child moves to a booster. OR
Is your 6 yo ready for a booster? That's what I'd do and use the Radians for younger child and nanny child.

Those are the options I'd consider, too. :)

You know this, but for others benefit here....you absolutely cannot have a child in your car riding in an expired, improperly fitting seat. It will be you who gets a ticket in an accident or when pulled over, not the parents who refuse to provide a proper seat. And if you are involved or able to go to a local seat check where they give away a seat to those in need, I would go and get them one (turning in their old seat to be destroyed).

An Evenflo Tribute, new Evenflo convertible, or Cosco Scenera are all nice and narrow, too.

GL!

Belle's Mamma

This is all so frustrating. I just found out about the CS situation this afternoon and I start watching her this coming Thursday

I would never, ever in a million years transport a child in an expired or otherwise unsafe car seat. No seats that were crashed, checked on a plane, not falling in the correct height, weight & age requirements or otherwise inappropriate for that particular child.

It was all I could do not to freak out completely when mom's rational was that it was a high end seat and they don't drive a lot. I tried to convince her to let me come back over and put one of the radians in her car but she wasn't interested. Since they don't see the CS expiration as a "real" problem they aren't in a hurry to do anything about it. I guess we all have blind spots and when I had DD I was certainly not aware of all of the ins and outs of car seats myself. It makes me so sad.

DD is fully booster trained & fits perfectly in a TB however she recently was sick and lost quite a bit of weight so now she's probably closer to 36 fully dressed, fed, etc. WI is a 4 &40 state. Sigh. Maybe I can put some ankle weights on her :rolleyes:

Assuming I can't fatten DD up over the weekend I'll try to get a scenera for the baby (well toddler I guess).

Any thoughts about how a RFing scenera would puzzle with 2 radians (either 1 RF & 1 FF or both FF).

henrietta

I have family of my own who think expiration is BS, too. I share your frustration. It's awful to know what others think it okay, esp when you love them so much.

I think I've heard here before that the Scenera puzzles well w/the Radian. I *know* I've heard that a Marathon puzzles really well w/the Radian. Maybe you could trade someone for one or try out a friend's to find out.

And fwiw, you tried...and there's only so much you can do. As long she's safe in your own car, you've done your duty.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC