Question 3 across in an '09 Ody and the new Advocate CT

mping

I'd like to put three across in my Ody. My 7 year old in a Frontier 80 on the driver's side captain, baby in the middle (8th seat) and my 9 year old in an Affix on the passenger side captain seat. Currently the baby is in the passenger captain seat in a SnugRide. When we do school drop off and pick up, they can hardly fit crawling under the baby so I moved him to the center which fits but the overhang is too much. Does anyone know if the Advocate's base is shallower than the Snugride's (21in)? Or should I just install the Snugride baseless in the center? The overhang might still be too much and I'd really prefer the base. I don't remove the seat from the car ever. I'm ok buying it now even though I don't really need it since it has a 10yr expiration date. TIA!

ADS

henrietta

I'd like to put three across in my Ody. My 7 year old in a Frontier 80 on the driver's side captain, baby in the middle (8th seat) and my 9 year old in an Affix on the passenger side captain seat. Currently the baby is in the passenger captain seat in a SnugRide. When we do school drop off and pick up, they can hardly fit crawling under the baby so I moved him to the center which fits but the overhang is too much. Does anyone know if the Advocate's base is shallower than the Snugride's (21in)? Or should I just install the Snugride baseless in the center? The overhang might still be too much and I'd really prefer the base. I don't remove the seat from the car ever. I'm ok buying it now even though I don't really need it since it has a 10yr expiration date. TIA!

Give me a sec...I'll go measure it for you. I actually have an '09 Ody and an Advocate. ;)

Okay! The base on the Adv CT is 15" deep and 13" wide. The jump seat is 15" deep and 11" (or so) wide. It fits on it and installs pretty well. It's nice & tight. Probably the easiest install I've done on the middle seat beside a Graco My Ride. LOL I'm 99.9 percent sure you can get 2 kids on either side of it. It might be a bit tight to buckle in a kiddo in a booster, depending on the booster. But I know my kids could buckle in there in an Evenflo Amp, Harmony, etc. hths

We do school drop off, too...only with one of them...I have a 9 year old, 6 year old, and 1 year old. I kind of like taking out the middle jump seat, sliding the passengers captains towards the center and having an "aisle" to the third row. I put the 6 year old in his booster in the center (he was in an Evenflo Secure Kid harnessed at the beginning of the year), baby in drivers side captains, and 9 year old in the third row (wherever he wants). I'd prefer a latch booster, but it's only in the center in the third row and the seatbelt is strange...plus he likes using the side with cupholders and plug ins. LOL

henrietta

Thanks! I've had my car for 6 years and didn't know the seats could slide!

LOL Yes, remove the jump seat & slide the passenger side captain's chair over. Only the passenger side can be moved towards the center though (pretty sure of that). And you have to lift it and move it over.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC