3 across in a Prius - two radians and ??

kodes

Hi all,
I have 3 kids. They are currently 14 months, almost 2.5, and 5 (at the end of this month.) I drive a Prius. Right now, the youngest is in his Graco bucket seat (SafeSeat I think it is called, it goes up to 32lbs and 30" I believe.) My 2.5 year old is RF'ing in a Radian. My almost 5yo is FF'ing in a Radian, still harnessed.

The baby is almost too tall for the bucket seat so I need to replace it. In our other vehicle, we have an Evenflo SecureKid 400 for my oldest son. I'd like to switch the baby to a Radian and then move my oldest to a harnessed/booster seat, something like the SecureKid, but I can't seem to find it any more, is it still sold?? I don't really want to buy a 3rd Radian as I've heard kids often outgrow it before it becomes useful as a booster. I'm actually not certain the SecureKid will fit. I've thought about the Graco Nautilus but feel it may be too wide. Any other choices, suggestions? Thanks so much!

ADS

aept

I have a Prius and two (actually 3) radians. I tried a Securekid 400 briefly at Buy buy baby and it was too wide next to a rf radian in the center (ff radian was behind the driver. (This was about 2 years ago.)
A third radian will fit. They need to be FF-RF-FF and all seatbelt installs.
RF-FF-RF also works but it is really hard to get a radian tight enough ff in the center seat. (At least for me!)
There are also a couple of hbb's that will fit with a rf radian center and ff radian behind the driver. But, it sounds like you still need a harnessed seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

kodes

Thanks Ann. Can I ask, do your older boys still fit in the Radians either harnessed or as booster seats? that's my big concern if I buy another Radian, that my older DS will outgrow it fast and I'll be in the same situation in the near future.

aept

Thanks Ann. Can I ask, do your older boys still fit in the Radians either harnessed or as booster seats? that's my big concern if I buy another Radian, that my older DS will outgrow it fast and I'll be in the same situation in the near future.

My oldest is too tall now but the son who will be 6 next month still has a couple inches of growing room. He is currently using different seats because the youngest has all three radians (in our two cars and grandmas car.)
But, I just tested him in a FF radian over the weekend and so I know he has plenty of room. He is average height.
The oldest is tall for his age (somewhere around 75-90th percentile) and outgrew it probably around age 6.5-7. I'm not sure as he was using a booster full time by then.

Once your oldest outgrows the radian you should have a couple of decent booster options. Boosters are generally quite a bit less expensive and there are at least three I have used that fit. When your oldest is booster-ready you can probably ask her again about the current choices that are do-able.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC