Question 3 across in a 4d Jeep

U

Unregistered

My husband just brought home a 4door jeep and since I also would like to drive it I néed 3 carseats or booster. I like the wings on carseats.

#1 ds- 6yrs old,50lbs, about 44inchs with shoes on
(His carseat in my van is a recaro sig. He still fits.

#2 dd-4 years old, 40lbs, close to 37inchs

#3 dd-2yrs, RF, 24lbs, small not sure on height built like her brother..small frame.

Would love to hear opinions on what to get.

ADS

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
Hi and welcome! I'm sure the posters on this board will be able to come up with some suggestions. If you could tell us which model Jeep you have and the model year, that would help narrow down suggestions. Do you have 3 lap and shoulder belts in the backseat or do you have any positions with just lap belts?

My dad has a Jeep Commander, and because of the headrests in the Jeep, I've had trouble fitting boosters in the outboard positions, but they fit nicely in the center. So the headrests in your Jeep could potentially be tricky to work with. :)

What other seats do you have for your kids in your main vehicle? Maybe shuffling some of the seats to the Jeep could help as well. :)

T4K

Is it a Jeep Wrangler? The Recaro ProSport (for your 4 year old) outboard puzzles nicely with a rearfacing Britax convertible center. I haven't had any high back boosters in my Jeep yet but I know for sure a Topsider would fit.

Edit, you may be able to get ProSport/RFing Britax/Prosport in there. That way both your older kids are harnessed.

U

Unregistered

Yes it is a jeep wrangler but not sure on year. A couple of years old. :)

In my van I have a safty 1st complete air 65 for 4yr dd, maxi cosi pri 70 for 2 year old, and 6 year old has the older recaro signo.

I hate the way both complete air and maxi install refacing with the latch. I have a hard time getting it tight. Switched around the install on the complete air is pretty easy.

We really hate moving seats that's why we are looking for new ones :).

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
With the Wrangler, it looks like Thirsty4Knowledge has some good suggestions, so I'll just give your thread a bump for some more ideas. :)

mykidsmylife

I have gotten the Clek Oobr, Frontier 85 and Radian (RF). Also Britax Marathon, Radian (both FF) and Harmony backless AND Graco backless, Britax Marathon and Clek Oobr.

We drive a 2010 4 door Islander.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC