3 across in 98 Mercury sable *boosters*

Mtdew@ngel

If you can find a harmony folding travel booster it may also work well next to other boosters. It's boxy through the torso so leaves space where the buckles come between the seats to reach in and buckle.

Eta- it appears to be available on walmart.com right now for $49 and the evenflo boosters are $35 ish

thanks!

ADS

Keeanh

Oops, sorry, forgot to come back to this thread :eek:

I tried my 35lb 41" 4yo in the Dreamtime. Her knees reached where the seat begins to slope downwards. She would be okay with something to rest her feet on. But if her legs were dangling, she would definitely slump forwards. Otherwise, the seat fit her perfectly.

Mary_Ann

Oops, sorry, forgot to come back to this thread :eek:

I tried my 35lb 41" 4yo in the Dreamtime. Her knees reached where the seat begins to slope downwards. She would be okay with something to rest her feet on. But if her legs were dangling, she would definitely slump forwards. Otherwise, the seat fit her perfectly.

I've had the same issue but my dd is 6 yo, 45" and 50lbs. Her thighs weren't long enough and she kept saying she was "sliding". Otherwise, she had a good fit. I wrote to Harmony CS and they replied saying that they never heard of this issue...

If enough people report it, they may change the design...

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I know you've said you want to do all boosters - I appreciate that and am not trying to talk you out of that decision, but just to throw this out there.

You *may* have more luck fitting three across by doing a harnessed seat on a base in the center - something that has a "lip" for the boosters to tuck and buckle under. Unless your rear seatback is high enough that your 10yo still has seatback behind him, he'll need the support from a backless. So trying something for your 6yo in the center - a SureRide comes to mind, or a MyRide truly is ideal if she'll still fit (which she might, if she still fits a Scenera,) anything shaped like that with narrow "rails" and sides that flare up to buckle boosters under.

It's something more to consider as a backup plan IF you can't find three boosters to fit three-across. Three boosters in a row is tough.

I'd maybe try getting two Dreamtimes and see how they fit outboard, and how much space you have in the center at that point.

ETA: I have a really hard time with Amps and three-acrosses. Amps are all we have for distribution and sometimes I've sent kids out in crooked boosters (which I hate) because they just don't fit well :/

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC