2011+ odyssey question

tl01

Has anyone ever asked Honda about removing the headrests for child seats. I think I had called them a long time ago to confirm when I got my first one but it looks like they have redone their manual and I'm not sure what their stance is now. It just says to put the headrest higher and then route the tether strap through. Also... Would you still route the Frontier 90 tether through? The Britax tethers are obviously different than the one strap ones shown in the manual (like on a radian etc.). Seems routing it through would create a lot of slack. I've seen the ody headrests fly off in a crash... So that would make the tether loose. The Frontier tether starts from so far to the side of the seat.

4B27C4CC-5C8B-47E6-A09E-AB610194F85A-2700-000001035640BA13_zpsf611027d.jpg

C4F1B813-393B-4F98-BB91-B09E4F91C47F-2700-000001056A3A769D_zps95f71ee7.jpg

ADS

creideamh

No Odyssey experience, but I seem to recall reading on here that the Britax tethers don't count for the under the headrest routing. I would leave it like you have it in that pic unless someone confirms otherwise.

creideamh

Weird! Let us know what they say, or if they even know what you're talking about. :p

ETA- doing some thread searching, it looks like Britax has said before to follow the vehicle manual (re: routing inside the headrest posts) so I'm not sure now where I read what I posted earlier!

tl01

Weird! Let us know what they say, or if they even know what you're talking about. :p

ETA- doing some thread searching, it looks like Britax has said before to follow the vehicle manual (re: routing inside the headrest posts) so I'm not sure now where I read what I posted earlier!

In my first tech class they said it was okay to go around. Just to add to the confusion;).

tl01

Well honda was perfectly not helpful. First they said just a read the manual... That the info there is what is reunited by the federal law. Then he said that the tether is meant to help keep the top of the seat secure so it is the parent's choice. If you feel like the seat is secure with the top tether attached and without the headrest... Then that is fine. Not really sure he understood what I was asking. I'm going to call back again because I have another question to ask.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC