2007 VW GTI 2 DOOR

margeaeuxblue

I currently have my 36+lb 38inch 26 month son in the center rear of my 2-door 2007 VW GTI, riding in a Recaro Signo FF. Please don't judge, I know my son should be RF but the car & the seat & his size dictacted otherwise much sooner than I expected. I love the seat but my car is so tiny. #2 is on the way and a new car just isn't really an option for me right now.

My thought was to get my son a new seat and have newborn ride RF in the center seat in the Signo. I've looked at the Diono Radian RXT and R120 and also the Recaro ProSport and ProRide. I like the Diono because it is narrow and I don't think he'd outgrow it anytime soon.

Another option is to get 2 new seats for my car and pass the Signo on to hubby's car for upcoming #2.

I'm lost and panicking that my car is just too small, especially since the Signo really only seems to fit in the center. Any suggestions are welcomed and greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!
Mel

ADS

Brianna

Welcome to car-seat.org :)

I'm not familiar with your vehicle, so I'm bumping this for you.

What does your husband drive and what's your total budget?

margeaeuxblue

Thanks!

My husband currently drives a '97 Nissan Pathfinder but is will be purchasing a 2001-2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab within the next few months which is the main reason I'm stuck with my car for now. My 2-door VW GTI is the same body as a 2-door Golf or Rabbit, in case you are more familiar with either of those.

We will be buying 2 new seats by January. I have not really set a budget. Assuming money isn't the largest factor (I might cringe for saying that) I'd rather spend a little more now for seats that will fit my child(ren) much longer.

I really appreciate any suggestions & feedback -- many thanks!

Mel

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC