2007 subaru legacy 3 across... help!

EmmasMom

A friend of a friend just had baby #3, and now they can't go anywhere as a family. A new car isn't an option, so what seats could be purchased to make this work?

what they have right now:
5yo 42" 40lbs in frontier
2.5 yo in a britax convertable ff, but willing to rf
nb chaperone

Waiting on the stats for the little ones.

Any btdt help would be greatly appreciated! :)

ADS

MotoMommaNH

Sorry you haven't gotten a response yet and ill do my best to help out. I have no experience in that gen Subaru but from what I understand that middle hump makes it nearly impossible to install a seat on. Can be done, but takes a lot of special technique.

Also, she's working with some of the largest seats on the market, LOL. I'd look into replacing the chaperone if she can with a Graco Click connect 35, Cybex Aton or Chicco keyfit. The Boulevard can be replaced with either Radian or Harmony Defender depending on whether she needs RF or FF. See if that puzzles well with the frontier and go from there.

Cryssy Jane

Three britax seats will not fit. My impreza is slightly smaller in width and there's no way I could get three britax seats in there. Well maybe rf convertible, fr, rf convertible but that would be a super squeeze.

I'm mobile and headed to bed but I'll come back tomorrow and try to offer advice.

Eta: the hump issue is in older generations should be totally fine in a 2007.

EmmasMom

I appreciate your responses!

I am a tech. I was certified last October, but I haven't had the opportunity to do any checks since. I am working to change that... Did one today and will do another on Saturday. It is hard to build experience without practice. This board is a wonderful resource!

We ended up using 1 radian to make it work.
Frontier, Chaperone, FF Radian

It wasn't easy, but it was checked by an instructor and the doors closed... Success! :)

Thank you again!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC