Question 2007 Hyundai Entourage

kmw

I'm in Canada :)

So... since we recently found out that we are going to change from a family of 3 to a family of 5, common sense has hit us with the fact that the 4 door car is just not going to be overly convenient, nor functional once these two new babies arrive in the summer.

We live in a place that does have quite chilly winters - as low as -30 isn't uncommon for a couple of those months with the rest of the 4 months of winter hovering around 0, -10 ish! It's clear that a minivan will be best - I can load babies and toddler and jump in, close the door and then buckle everyone up in the warmth!

We can't do a new vehicle, it's just not an option for us. We did find a 2007 Hyundai Entourage Limited for a good price though.. seems to have good reviews online - has 4 tether anchors (kinda irks me that there isn't one third row center but I think only Ody/Sienna have those!)..

Anyone have an Entourage? Reviews? known issues? The one we are looking at has 120,000 kms on it but is in fab condition in and out!

ADS

kmw

Awesome! Yes, they are the same essentially ;)

No issues with it so far? I have read that some have problems with the power sliding doors and the motors going?

stephie1012

I had a 2008 and I loved it. The one door was a little weird sometimes but that's it. They don't make the entourage anymore though which I was sad to hear.

jjordan

Thanks for the recall info, kmw. I will ask the Kia dealership about it, but I also did find instructions for fixing it ourselves. So once it warms up we might give it a try, depending on what the dealership says.

kmw

I found a YouTube video of how to do it too.. and looked up the part number on the Hyundai website - $13. Looks like about an hour to do it yourself and really doesn't look difficult at all!

We put in our first offer.. fingers crossed we can get the deal done!

Mingie

CPST Instructor
We have this van and it is a 2007. It has served us well. We have a ton of kms on it and it runs well still. It is a dream for installing car seats I find, very roomy and love the rear row folds flat into the vehicle. It's had minor issues and we did receive a recall notice this week but we are pretty sure we had this dealt with already. We have been pretty loyal to Hyundai for a while as we have had good service at most(save for 1 dealer) and that led us to buying recently a new Santa Fe. I will say when we were in snowy cold Ontario we did have our doors freeze so we took them off automatic in the winter to help remedy that situation.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC