2005 Honda pilot- 3 across

L

Lasst64

Hi,
This is my first post so please bear with me here! I have searched the other forums already and think I still need some help answering my question.

We have a 2005 Honda pilot with two children currently. The 4.5 year old is in a britax frontier and the 2.5 is in a Britax roundabout. We are expecting a third in the fall and I am assuming my Graco Safe Seat is just too wide too fit three across, so I know I need a new infant seat.

I also would like to move my 2.5 year old into the frontier - he is big at 34 lbs and 38.5 inches and move the 4.5 year old into a new seat. The 4.5 year old is about 42lbs and 42 inches,

Now to the question ---- to fit all three kids across the second row in the fall when the baby comes, what seats would you buy? I am hoping to keep the frontier at the least.

Thanks so much for your assistance!

ADS

canadiangie

Are you wanting your oldest to stay in a 5 point harness?

I would likely leave him in the Frontier, get a Radian for your middle child to use, and keep the SafeSeat.

You will want to go try and install the Radian in the middle with the funky ceiling mounted seat belt in that position. It's sometimes a pain.

U

Unregistered

I'm indifferent to the 5 point for my oldest. He is old enough and big enough for the lap belt and I know he would prefer the independence too. I just don't know how he would buckle it with another car seat right next to him.

I just looked into the radians. I think remember seeing these years ago when I first was pregnant and their high safety ratings. Any model you would suggest?

And then who goes where? My husband doesn't believe me that this is complicated!

Thank you so much for your help!

canadiangie

Your oldest is on the younger side, so if it were me I would keep him harnessed for a while yet. The Frontier will carry him for many years to come, both in harnessed mode and as a booster.

The RXT by Diono gets my vote in terms of what model you should consider.

Put the Frontier behind driver, the Radian middle IF you get a good install, and the SafeSeat behind the passenger.

If you cannot get a good install with the Radian in the middle, move it behind the driver and use LATCH until your middle child weighs 40 pounds. A that point re-install it with the seatbelt, and come here for tips and tricks on that process.

Install the Frontier in the middle using the Long Belt Path method, and look at a narrower infant seat such as the Graco Snugride 30 or Chicco KeyFit 30.

VoodooChile

I have a 2006 Pilot and used to have a Frontier80 behind the passenger, a rf classic MA rf behind the driver, and I could sit between them.
I do know that a rf Radian installs nicely on the driver's side!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC