2004 Nissan Quest 4dr Van S~need a review asap!

ADS

The only issue with the 2004 Quest is that it was a new model at a new factory. Newly hired workers who had never manufactured a car before. They generally tell you not to buy the first year of a model to let the company "work the kinks out". Well, that's assuming the factory workers have experience "working out kinks." The Mississippi plant CLEARLY did not. Not necessarily their fault. They're new. Nissan shoulda had experienced people around to train them. Guess they didn't. Or didn't have enough. For a modern car, that Mississippi plant produced LEGENDARY crap. It's been quite some years now and the plant now knows what it's doing, but if you search the web, you'll prolly still be able to find stories of how badly they screwed up vehicles (I think the Titan and Armada were built there at the same time). Like parts that are supposed to line up, but didn't and workers couldn't figure out how to jigger the machinery to get it fixed. I remember laughing my head off back in 07 or so when I caught wind of the stories.

In any case, that's a very long winded way of saying that car might be ok but I'd prolly not risk it. Who knows what bugaboos might be lurking in that car.

That's not to say a Dodge Caravan is light years better. Just likely a lot more reliable. Which is kinda scary cuz Chrysler, at that time, was producing some awful products from a reliability... well, from any standpoint. That's why they needed the bailout the most and eventually got bought out from a competitor.

You're prolly looking at a Gen IV Caravan/T&C with your price range. My mom had a Gen III. Laughably cheaply made (like a toy) but it also cost $12,000 brand new from the dealer. The Gen IV improved some of the more absurdly cheap stuff so I did feel envious when I saw a newer Caravan roll by, but if you compare it to an 04 Sienna or Odyssey, then even the Gen IV Caravan goes right back to feeling crap. But, if you don't know what you're missing, you won't miss it.

All in all, I quite liked the 2001-2007 Caravan. I actually like the Quest too, but from 04 til about 06 or so, there were SCARY stories just constantly coming out about vehicles coming out from that plant.

If you can find a Quest out where you are, that means you can probably find a Sienna or Odyssey too then. I'd assumed there'd be no "imports" around you but I guess not. So, I'd also try and take a look at the Hyundai or Kia minivans too. About on par with the Chrysler vans. The Ford Windstar isn't bad either.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC