Question 2 Diono seats and an infant Graco in a Forester?

rissabell

Hi-

We have 14 month old twins and are expecting a 3rd baby in October. We would love to be able to keep our (one) car. We have an '05 Subaru Forester and I'm curious if anyone has had any luck with squeezing 3 into the back seat.

We are thinking of doing 2 Diono (sunshine radian) and 1 infant graco until the 3rd baby would also move up into a Diono.

Thanks!

ADS

boneheaderss

Congratuations on your new baby :) !

I looked at the radian successful install thread and had no luck in finding if the Radian will install in your vehicle. I've read that the Radian was able to install in other Subaru Foresters that were made in different years.

Before buying 2 Radians, I would buy 1 and install it in various positions to ensure that it does fit your vehicle. (Make sure that you try the Radian front facing too)!

Which Graco infant seat do you have? The Graco Snugride 22 base flares out at the end which may make it difficult to attempt a three-across. Sometimes, it would help a three across to just install the carrier without the base. This would defeat the purpose and convenience of having a carrier to snap out and in.

Installing with the seat belt (the Radians) may give you an inch or more room that when you use the latch system. Sometimes the lower anchors are closer to the center than the sides.

Here is something that may or may not help you: http://www.car-seat.org/showpost.php?p=312783&postcount=22

BananaBoat

We got rid of our 2003 Forester last year & I had tried 3 across in that vehicle & it just wasn't going to happen. Even with 2 Radians it was a nightmare. Are you looking to have 3 across rear-facing or are the twins going to be front-facing? I think it might make a small difference, but that back seat is truly horrendous for car seats in general & I personally think it's impossible for 3 across.

creideamh

It's a much smaller backseat than my Prius, so I honestly don't even know if it's possible. My mom has a 2010 and the Radians are totally incompatible with it RF.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

scariestone

I don't think the narrowness of the backseat is your main obstacle, its that darn center seat. I have a newer('11) forester and the "hump" is flat but the seatbelt coming from the ceiling has made it so I've yet to get and acceptable install RF or FF with a radian and nothing else really fits in that spot. We test drove the '05 and I attempted to install my son's myride in the middle seat and it was not going to happen. The bottom of the seat overlapped the belt buckle. You're best off going to a baby store and testing seats out but I'm sorry to say, it may not be doable. Subaru touts their cars as family friendly but they sure aren't car seat friendly. :/

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC