1995 integra rf child seat

U

Unregistered

I currently have a 1995 Acura integra which is a 3 door hatchback. My wife is due in April, so I'm trying to find out what the safest route would be. With the seats being the size and shape they are I'm not sure what will or won't fit, or if any special harnesses or brackets are made available. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

ADS

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
I currently have a 1995 Acura integra which is a 3 door hatchback. My wife is due in April, so I'm trying to find out what the safest route would be. With the seats being the size and shape they are I'm not sure what will or won't fit, or if any special harnesses or brackets are made available. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

I have a 95 Integra and I've put several RF convertible seats in it, mine is a sedan though, I don't recall if the interiors are different. Are you wanting to use an infant seat with a base or a convertible seat that stays in the vehicle? Do you have a center seat? If so, the center seat belt has a locking latchplate so you won't need to use any kind of locking clip. I haven't put an infant seat in that vehicle, but the Chicco Keyfit is one of the shortest in terms of front to back space and usually installs nicely with a lap belt locking latchplate.

The outboard seat belts do not lock - so if you want to put a seat there, you'll have to use a locking clip or choose a seat that has a lockoff built in. For infant seats: Keyfit, Graco Snugride 32 or 35, or the Safety 1st Onboard Air 35 all have a lockoff. For convertible seats: the First Years True Fit, Britax Marathon or Boulevard, and Combi Coccoro all have a lockoff. The Coccoro has the advantage of being very short front to back, I have used that seat in my Integra several times and it fits comfortably behind the passenger without having to move the seat forward much at all. I've also had a Graco MyRide very comfortably in the center seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC