Question 15 passenger van safety

EmmasMom

My daughter is 10 and her 4th grade class is going on a field trip soon using 15 passenger vans for transportation. I've always heard less than stellar reviews for their safety, and I've heard too many news stories that reflected that truth. Up until this point I've been able to avoid sending my child on these vans. I cannot attend this field trip, and I don't want her to miss out. But I think sending the principal an email stating my concerns may help change the schools transportation choices in the future... hopefully. I've done some googling and the best information I can come up with is 2007. Have these vans improved a great deal since then, is there more current information?

If anyone could help with that I'd be grateful. Thank you!

ADS

seb3244

I heard the newer ones have a giant side airbag. I don't think the old ones have had rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dillipop

Lack of head restraints and some seating positions with lap belts are the biggest concerns I would have. In addition to that, larger vans have a higher incidence of rollovers, especially if the driver is inexperienced at driving vehicles with high centers if gravity and fail to make changes to their driving to accommodate that. Lots of places have outlawed student transportation using these vans.

Is she at a private school?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC