Does anybody love their BV for ERFing??

brooke.jax.gia

I am in love with my new BV! :D However, after reading some other opinions on here how it will most likely be outgrown soon, I'm starting to get nervous...

So, would anyone like to share some ERF stories about their BV? Is it possible? What age did your DC RF in it to?

ADS

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Ilana still fits in hers rfing, no problem. I love ours, but I think we're going to get 2 Radian XTSLs for the girls at tax time. I haven't decided yet. :) We've had the BV for almost 3 yrs.

firemomof3

I liked our Blvd. for ERF and my kids loved it too :love: But my ds outgrew it at 2y/o and my dd2 at 3y/o. They are both in Radian XTs which I also love and it has much more leg room & shell height vs the Blvd.

Maedze

We rear faced to about 2 years 3 months, when she hit the 33 lb rear facing limit on the Boulevard. For the last six months, I really hated using that seat.

abbi_n_nadia

Nadia is still RFing in ours at 3 years (on the 23rd of this month), 30lbs, and 37" tall. I didn't think it seemed like she had enough leg room or height growing room so I got a TF for her and she prefers the Blvd! She definitely has more leg room and shell above her head in the TF but we had both installed RFing in our car and asked her which she wanted to ride in and she picked the Blvd every time! I'm guessing she still has about 6 months left RFing in the Blvd....but thats just a guess...

J-max

CPST Instructor
We love ours for RF. It lasted dd#3 until 2.5 and she still fit for height amd weight ( I was not as strongly focused for ERF then ). DD #4 still fits it rf at 21 months and prefers it over the RF XTSL we just got

canadiangie

It's fine. My tall 2y/o is riding rf in one. My leggy 3y/o still rides in it occasionally, and it's fine too. It's not the ideal seat for ERF, but it works for lots of families. Remember that a lot of us are *really* picky about our seats around here, and just a wee bit more likely to move to something *new and fabulous* because we want to not because we have to. That said, there are cases where kids outgrow it rf sooner than hoped... and of course there are other seats on the market that are taller, roomier, etc, and may be easier to load a largeish toddler in and out of...

hth's

Citrine

I own the Wizard, which was befor the Blvd. I Love it. I bought it Febuary 2005. I have never had any problems with the seat. It has been used FF and Rf. It is currently being used RF by my 3yr 1m, 31.5lb daughter. She has not had head slump while RF. We did use it FF for 7hr on a road trip and she did not get head slump in the FF position. When I first received it, I found it so easy to install in my cars. I would have no problem buying another one in a heart beat if something happend to the one I have. I will miss it when it expires in 2011 :(

Maedze

It's fine. My tall 2y/o is riding rf in one. My leggy 3y/o still rides in it occasionally, and it's fine too. It's not the ideal seat for ERF, but it works for lots of families. Remember that a lot of us are *really* picky about our seats around here, and just a wee bit more likely to move to something *new and fabulous* because we want to not because we have to. That said, there are cases where kids outgrow it rf sooner than hoped... and of course there are other seats on the market that are taller, roomier, etc, and may be easier to load a largeish toddler in and out of...

hth's

I'd like to present that I don't buy seats because I want to. I also don't replace seats unless they're needed. Our original convertible from 2004 was in daily use until this summer, when it broke :p

I don't think I'm being overly picky when I air my complaints about the Boulevard.

brooke.jax.gia

Yes, so far we are loving ours also. No head slump for DD yet either, which I was worried about. DS had a RA when he was younger, and I really didn't know too much about ERF then either, so when he was 1 we flipped him. He seemed fine RFing until 1, but I didn't have any experience with it afterwards. All I knew was that I loved the ease of use!

For DD we have already tried out a RNXT which was propmtly exchanged for our BV. It is SO easy to install, and DD seems to be loving it so far.

Thanks again for the input!

Madeline410

I love it right now, but m 36" 23 month old just needs more leg room. I'm sad to be done with it.. I'll definitely keep it as a back up seat, though.

canadiangie

I'd like to present that I don't buy seats because I want to. I also don't replace seats unless they're needed. Our original convertible from 2004 was in daily use until this summer, when it broke :p

I don't think I'm being overly picky when I air my complaints about the Boulevard.

Yeah, I think you know exactly what I mean. There's a good handful of us around here who do change seats like we change socks. I know you aren't one of them, but I admit to leaning in that direction from time to time, and just wanted the OP to know that there's nothing wrong with a BV... even though some of us aren't swooning over it like we once used to.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
We liked ours well enough without any complaints about leg room rear facing. DD2 rear faced in a Blvd. from the time she outgrew her SS1 by height just before her first birthday (she's long torsoed or else she could have used the SS1 considerably longer, lol) until she was around age 2.5 and reached 33 lbs. which was the RF limit for our Blvd. We're also in the seemingly rare group that liked the Signo and Como for ERFing up to their RFing max. of 35 lbs. without issues with legroom, so take this for what it's worth to you. :)

romanoma

amazingly, it seems like my DD has about equal room for her legs RF in the signo and in her blvd. If anything, I think the signo might have a little more, but the sides are higher so kids can't dangle them over like they can in the blvd. But with legs straight out (she's only 17mo) they are more bent in the blvd.

But besides that, she is very comfy, has never had head slump even though I got a very upright install, and loves to point at the pretty flowers on her new seat :D. I wouldn't have bought it to try to RF until 4, but I plan to move her into a radian when she outgrows the blvd.

Niea

I like the Blvd well enough and it's served us well so far (have had it since Aug 2005). I didn't know too much about ERF so I turned DD FFing at age 2. But until that point, RFing with it was just fine. I also really liked it FFing, better than RFing in fact. Although mine's only got a 33lb RFing weight limit, DD wasn't that weight until over age 3. I know now to RF at least until that point and a 35lb RFing limit would have taken us closer to 4. At age 4.5, DD still fits in the Blvd FFing, with several more inches of harness height to go. She'll definitely make it to age 5, if not longer, in that thing.

Now, I'd been using the Blvd for DS (DD is in a Frontier/Regent/Nautilus now), but the way its installed in my car causes head slump. It wasn't a big deal, really, since DS is 19 mos. But then I got a True Fit for cheap (from woot) and found that I like it better than the Boulevard, which is now just sitting in my dining room as a spare.

So, in the end, I have no real complaints about the Boulevard. There are some aspects I like better than the TF (like the harness adjuster is infinite, as opposed to being in "slots"). DS liked to rest his head against the wings too, and the TF seems a little too wide. In the end, though, they both balance each other out. If I needed another seat right now I'd probably go with another TF just because it's cheaper, but if you already have a Boulevard then I'd just use that.

aisraeltax

I am in love with my new BV! :D However, after reading some other opinions on here how it will most likely be outgrown soon, I'm starting to get nervous...

So, would anyone like to share some ERF stories about their BV? Is it possible? What age did your DC RF in it to?

i loved the BV until the weight limit of the seat. my son was in it until 35 lbs. (around 3.4 months). he's not short...about average height. BUT, i have an SUV that allows a lot of leg room. my friend's son was very crowded in it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC