Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPS Technician LISmama810's Avatar

What's the deal with Porsche car seats?

Someone on my CL is selling a Porsche booster seat (only $250!) so I thought I'd look it up.

http://www.porsche.com/usa/accessori...97/childseats/

(Note to mods: That's a link to the Porsche site, not the CL post. This isn't a CL thread.)

Ummm...The baby looks like he's falling out of the seat, suspended only by his crotch.

The middle kid...is that more like an impact cushion than a shield booster?

Is there something special about the booster?

And is the first picture indicating that LATCH can be retrofitted in the front seat?

Just wondering. I'm certainly not in the market for a Porsche (or one of their seats).

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Advocate

Re: What's the deal with Porsche car seats?

I'm pretty sure Porche works with Britax.

I'm wondering if the baby in the seat isn't a bad photoshop, the proportions looks wrong.

The toddler is in an EPS foam cushion style seat...very nice seats for a FF seat with limited application.

The booster looks pretty standard.

Someone on my craigslist is selling a porche booster for $100. It is a starriser comfy with a really nice cover on it. The guy says the seat deactivates the air bag.

http://saltlakecity.craigslist.org/bab/1379752243.html
    Christine *mom* to

Dd1 age 17 (seatbelt), Dd2 age 15 (seatbelt), Ds1 age 14 (seatbelt), Dd4 age 12 (Seatbelt), Ds2 age 10 (Probooster), Dd4 age 7 (rstv), and dd5 age 1 (rfing Pria)

Quote Originally Posted by Maedze View Post
    I'm pretty sure Porche works with Britax.
    They do...when called with a question about my Baby Safe, the rep tried to tell me I couldn't use it because I didn't have a Porche.
    Becky

Ally 11 in a Harmony Cruz
    Riley 9 in a Chicco Strada
    Sam 6 FF in a Nautilus

CPS Technician

Three point harness??

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

Mercedes also had a bunch of the same looking seats once (and yeah, they do deactivate airbags, except a lot were recalled because that gadget failed...).
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

Senior Community Member jeminijad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Botzi View Post
    Three point harness??
    Yeah, that is the first thing I thought.

Also, the shield looking seat definetely looks cushier/more secure than like an OHS Scenera, but, still... am I missing something?

CPS Advocate

Quote Originally Posted by jeminijad View Post
    Yeah, that is the first thing I thought.

Also, the shield looking seat definetely looks cushier/more secure than like an OHS Scenera, but, still... am I missing something?
    That three-point harness is very different from standard American three-point harnesses. Those seats are designed to fit newborns perfectly. I would be very comfortable using a European 3-point harness if given the opportunity. I would never use an American 3-point harness.

The impact foam seats bear absolutely no relation to the American OHS seats, either.