Do you think the TF is easy to use?

Rosey

Do you think the TF is easy to use for new parents who probably won't read much of the manual? I bought it as a baby gift for some dear friends but they are far away so I can't just show them. Now I am wondering if I should have just gotten the RA50 instead.

What are your thoughts on using the TF?

ADS

Blondie87

Eh.. depends on what car. It was pretty hard to install in my Toyota Avalon with seatbelt (closing the lockoffs) and it was almost impossible to tighted or loosen it in Judi's truck. Her back to the seat is straight up, so the adjuster was completely buried.

But in some cars, like when I had my MDX, installing with LATCH was sooo easy, and the adjuster wasn't buried. So I'd say it was a pretty easy seat to use in that car!

Rosey

BMW sedan and Lexus sedan. I got it thinking they would appreciate the removable head rests in the sedans, but now that i think about it, I'm not sure they will be able to do the lock offs. The BMW is about 8yrs old and the Lexus is about 4.

kittykate

(I am not a tech, just a mom with firsthand experience :) )

We have had a True Fit for a little over a year now (we were one of the testers) and have installed and used it in three cars, an '05 Hyundai Elantra, an '08 Nissan Versa and an '08 Chevy Cobalt.

In my opinion the seat is fairly easy to install and use, but it has lots of quirks. It installs rear facing (we have never tried a forward facing install with it) like a dream in the Versa, and pretty easily in the Elantra, but was a nightmare to get correctly installed in the Chevy Cobalt. The biggest problem for me is making sure that the latch belt/ seatbelt do not interfere with closing the lockoff (and since the lockoffs must be used, even with LATCH or a locking retractor, this can be a real pain in some cars.)

Once installed rear facing, the biggest problem is that the harness adjuster is a pain to get to in the Versa, hard to get to in the Elantra and completely inaccessible in the Cobalt when the seat was at the 35 degree angle.

I have never had a Roundabout 50, but I did have a Marathon and it was very easy to install and use correctly. However, I really question that any carseat can be easily and safely used without reading the manual.

amyd

It's not "Britax-easy", IMO. It has some quirks, like the placement of the harness adjuster, must use the lockoffs even with LATCH, picky details about when you have to remove the padding, put the headrest on, etc. I also find that the TF manual is not as well-written as the Britax ones, but if they're not going to read the manual, I guess that doesn't matter.

It's a nice seat, though:thumbsup: We like ours a lot.

danivdp

I like it :) The hardest thing to figure out without the manual was how to get the headrest on, LOL.

all together ooky

I think the Marathon is easier than the TF (I just switched to a TF). The TF has some quirks for sure and the adjuster can be tough to get to. Some people say they just use the continuous harness and don't adjust every time (pull one side, put arm through, then pull the other side over and put the other arm through). I do this now, but it's a pain sometimes since the Marathon was easy to loosen everytime and pull tight. Oh, and when I just opened the box and was trying to figure out the LATCH straps they were all stuffed back in the seat and it took some doing to re-route them and turn them around so they were going through the RF belt path correctly. I love the bars on the Marathon and the separate adjusters on each side.

Now, I still plan to use this seat. I love the extra room it has both in height and legs. It fits well and is nicely padded. But, I do miss the ease of the Marathon.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC