Truefits on sale!!

A.B.

Zellers has Truefits on sale starting tomorrow for 154.97. I got two today so i can price adjust them tomorrow! Just watch it... two of the seats my zellers had were manufactured MORE then a YEAR ago! i got them to go out back and get me new ones! Just wanted to give a heads up!

ADS

ontariomama

Thanks :) Now to decide if we should get one for my parent's car. They only have FF car seats from my nephews. Hmm.

I also noticed that the Nautilus is on sale too... $199.97, normally $249.97. :thumbsup:

April

I had no idea Zellers even had the Nautilus! And is it just me, or is that the Reese cover?:thumbsup:

catchthewind

How often do sales like this happen in Canada? We don't need a seat for at least 5 months (longer if we decide to use my sil's Evenflo at first), but I wonder if we should be keeping an eye out for deals now or wait until after Christmas.

selinajean

How often do sales like this happen in Canada? We don't need a seat for at least 5 months (longer if we decide to use my sil's Evenflo at first), but I wonder if we should be keeping an eye out for deals now or wait until after Christmas.

I know that the Nautilus was on sale at Zellers for the same amount just about a month ago. I think that the sales must be fairly common, at least once every few months they seem to have baby days or something similar.

April

hey ;) it IS you! I wondered then peaked at your profile! It's A.B. from the sunflowers group ;)

:happy-wavehello: Hey AB!!!! Welcome to car-seat.org! Good to see you. :D That's my not-so-little sunflower in the Frontier.

All the time. At least every 6 weeks at Zellers. :thumbsup:

selinajean

*cry* I went to Zellers today and looked at the seats. I have actually never noticed the Truefits before so I wanted to see what they were all about. I LOVE that seat and want it! I don't think that I can afford it this week but I am going to save up and get one the next time that they go on sale.

I did call a friend to tell her about the sale though. She has been having a hard time finding a good RF seat that will fit in the back seat of their truck. She is finding that many of the convertible seats are too long. I noticed that the truefit has a super high shell (great for FF later on with older/taller children) but that the top portion can be removed for RF. That is a huge bonus! What a great design!

triscuitsmom

*cry* I went to Zellers today and looked at the seats. I have actually never noticed the Truefits before so I wanted to see what they were all about. I LOVE that seat and want it! I don't think that I can afford it this week but I am going to save up and get one the next time that they go on sale.

I did call a friend to tell her about the sale though. She has been having a hard time finding a good RF seat that will fit in the back seat of their truck. She is finding that many of the convertible seats are too long. I noticed that the truefit has a super high shell (great for FF later on with older/taller children) but that the top portion can be removed for RF. That is a huge bonus! What a great design!

Just keep in mind that the headrest needs to be on rearfacing when the child is 22lbs or over the height indicator line on the shell :thumbsup:

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Just keep in mind that the headrest needs to be on rearfacing when the child is 22lbs or over the height indicator line on the shell :thumbsup:
And at that point, the child is usually old enough to have the seat more upright. So you can put the headrest on AND reinstall it more upright, so it will actually take up less space. :thumbsup:

selinajean

So, side question now that I am determined to get one of these soon....
Are they really a PITA to install? I've heard some horror stories!

La-Di-Ma

My daughter has a Marathon in our car and a True Fit in my mom's. I find the True Fit a really, really easy install-much easier than the MA. My mom doesn't leave it installed, so I'm constantly installing it in her car and I find that the built-in lock offs are great.

saoirse

we are returning the truefit :(
dh hates it
frustrated....annoying to tighten the harness
i am sad...i want to keep it
he wants me to buy a bucket now....
he is more comfortable with the bucket...that is what we had for ds

i cringe at the expense :(
we still want to get ds the nautilis

A.B.

Ours were a breeze to install in our 06 Grand Caravan i was raving all day! We used it this weekend all weekend and LOVE IT! DD loves it too!

A.B.

:happy-wavehello: Hey AB!!!! Welcome to car-seat.org! Good to see you. :D That's my not-so-little sunflower in the Frontier.

Here's mine in her new truefit!
32eb374a.jpg

sparkyd

I've never installed one FF, but for RF installs my experience is that they are easy-peasy to install at the more upright angle for toddlers, but a PITB to install at 45 degrees for a newborn/younger baby. I'm sure the 45 degree thing will get easier if I do it a few times, but not pretty my first and only time (so far) trying it.

i heard the harness is hard to tighten rf

It is when RF (shouldn't be an issue FF), but there are ways around it. My tips are posted in another thread:
http://car-seat.org/showthread.php?p=880889#post880889

There is also a new version, the "Premier" due in Canada in Jan 2010 that has features that should make adjusting the harness easier. Search the forums for more info on that if you are interested; it is already out in the US.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC