Sorry!! More questions about the choices of carseat-

charmedmom4

I was looking at other people's posts about different carseats. I am more confused! But first, I did go on the site where you can check to see which carseat will work with your vehicle. I put in 1995 Ford Aerostar. Very limited choices. I wanted to know if Myride65, Frontier, Radian, TrueFit Premier, Complete Air or Blvd will fit as rear facing behind driver's seat. Anyone knows? I'm torn between those choices. I'm interested in more protection, better quality in seat covers (stay still), and more comfortable for sleep. We do travel a lot..

Thanks again and sorry for more questions. I just can't satisfy until I know what's the best out there for my dd.

Amy

eta- I wanted to add, I like the look of Britax Advocate, but it said rfing up to 35lbs? Also, want to add to comfortable to sleep while rfing(more leg room).

Last edited:
ADS

kaysmom

Do you have a Babies R Us anywhere near you? They let you take the seats out and test them in your vehicle which may be helpful.

Also, many convertible seats take up less room than a bucket since you can have them at an more upright angle for a child with good head control so that shouldn’t be a huge worry for you either.

What age/weight is your daughter? That will also help to know what seats might fit her best.

charmedmom4

Opps. Eliminate Frontier from the list, didn't realize that it can't be used rfing.

But, my dd is 33 months old, 33lbs, 35in tall (last time was last spring, sure she'd grow a bit more).

Mommy2Marcus

I have a tiny little two door Subaru Impreza & have a RF seat in the back seat. The My Ride fits quite well RF behind my passenger seat, while still giving me room to fit a passenger in the front seat. It is a little more cramped then it would be if the seat was FF, but I am okay with that as I rarely have a passenger anyhow. I have never tried a Radian though, so I am not sure on that one. However I have tried the TF in my car RF. It fits, but not as well as the MR does. It deffinatly takes up more room.

As far as seats go though, the best way to determine what would fit RF is to try them before you buy them. Also with her already being 33lbs, I would look more into the MY Ride, Complete Air or Radian. Those all have 40lb RF weight limits & the others you mentioned have a 35lb RF weight limit on them. So those 3 would give you more weight then the others.

charmedmom4

Thanks! I saw the pictures of kids in Myride in your siggy and other siggys. I would like to see the pictures of kids in Radian and Complete Air.

We live an hour away from BRU so, I really like to do research here on the internet before go to BRU to try them out due to the fit in the van. There are 6 of us in the van so four kids in back and 2 adults in front.

Thanks for your feedbacks on the seats. I really do appreciate this. This is so interesting!

Amy

charmedmom4

Maybe I should go for Radian because I saw that Complete Air up to 50lbs? even tho both seats can be rf til 40lbs.. hmm.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I would guess that the MR would fit. Can you go out and measure the front to back distance you have available? I have mine in the back bench of a van -- I can go measure it in a sec and let you know how it fits. I consider it to be a beast of a seat, but it actually fits with other seats nicely, puzzles due to how the cupholders go, etc.

I think the reason that you aren't finding a lot on the Complete Air is that not many people have bought it. Although the shell is taller, the MR offers similar at a lower price tag, and the Radian RF to the same weight (or higher,) so if you're going to already spend 200-some odd dollars, may as well go with the nicer seat.

TrueFit is typically well-loved, but it only RF to 35lbs, so it won't help Sarah RF for too much longer. As well, Britax seats RF to no more than 35lb (and some 33.)

Honestly, if you're buying a new seat to RF Sarah now, I wouldn't buy one that RF to less than 40lbs. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but the only ones that RF to 40 are the MyRide, the Complete Air, and post-09/08 Radians. If you can wait a little while, there are supposed to be new Radians coming out that will RF to 45lb. It sounds like that may be a bit of overkill for you, though, as it's doubtful she'd outgrow the other three options in less than a year or so, and by 4 it would be much easier to swallow FFing her (IMO.)

I'm not a tech, BTW, but apparently hanging out here is my new hobby LOL. Regardless, I hope that helps.

Editing to add -- I've found that car seat data site to be lacking in info -- it gives the impression that pretty much nothing fits in my van (02 Safari,) when on the contrary, I've yet to find anything that DOESN'T fit. So don't read too much into the fact that you have little listed, especially for an older car which many people don't have any more to build a data set from.

Carrie_R

Replying to myself to say that I measured and got 28". That's from the furthest "foward" point of the headrest -- as close to the front of the car as it gets -- and measuring horizontally to above the furthest rear point of the seat. Obviously, contours etc are going to make a difference in that. I have flat seats, that run in parallel , that look something like this:

\_ \_

No contour to them, just flat benches, flat backs with a bit of recline to them. Hope that gives you a better idea. :)

charmedmom4

Thanks so much for the post. Yeah that does give me some ideas. Now I'm down to Myride and RadianXT.

STill need to see pictures of toddlers rfing in RadianXT.

Blondie87

Both kids are 2 years old, around 35 inches tall and about 31 lbs.

6140_200687985245_650315245_7496098.jpg

IMG_1856.jpg

charmedmom4

Thanks for the pictures. Now, I'm having hard time deciding. Will have to go to BRU to try out Sarah with RadianXT and MyRide.

Carrie_R

No problem. Definitely try them both in your car; I'm not sure about the Radian, but I do know in the case of the MR it was found to be a "ghost seat," in the sense that children who appeared to be outgrowing it when installed on the BRU store bench had several inches in the car.

From what I've read around here, as long as they fit in your car, you'll probably be happy with either seat. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC