Question Graco My Ride 65 vs Evenflo Triumph Advance?

J

JessicaMN

I have almost ten month old twins (B/G) and I'm on the hunt for a convertible carseat, that we'll hopefullyget a few years use out of.

Cost is a factor (Hubby laid off seven months ago), but I don't want to let that totally rule my decision. Plus we have to get four seats (two for my vehicle and one for hubby's) - maybe get less expensive/comfy seat for hubby's vehicle as the babies are mainly in my van.

Here are a few questions for you.

* Do they have easy enough strap adjustment? Or one vs the other? Always adjust them depending on what they wear.

* How huge of a deal is it that the EFTA has a lower weight limit vs the Graco?

Any pros or cons between them? This is driving me batty! I need to decide and I can't decide what seat to get. :confused:

Thanks in advance for your time!

ADS

Mommyto3kiddos

In my opinion the efta will last longer height wise. My son is barely 40 lbs at 4 and a half and wouldn't be able to fit in the myride as his shoulders are just past the top slots, but he still has room in the efta so the 15 lb weight limit difference doesn't matter for me anyway. So if your kids are tall or longer torsoed the efta might get you farther. Hope that made sense.

wakkobg

We have been on super convertable carseat hunt lately. I brought home both the EFTA and True Fit, we tried the Graco My Ride in the store. In the end the EFTA and True Fit did not work in my husbands car and both had to go back. In my car both kids ride in Recaro Como (bought on super clearance at Albeebaby.com). Hubby doesn't like the Como's either.

So since I had a 20% off coupon at Babies R Us we ended up getting the safety first air protect, its only at BRU/TRU. You can get at 20% off coupon for turning in an old carseat right now.

EFTA: We liked it, the fit was good for my 21lb 7 month old, who grew out of his infant seat at 5 months. But when we installed it in my husbands toyota avalon you could no longer turn the nobs to tighten the harness.
True Fit/Graro My Ride: We had issues with tightening both of these seat harnesses, they both tightened but when installed it was not user friendly. My husband loosens the harness everytime he puts the kids in (I don't know why) so this was an issue.
My Ride: I didn't like that half the width of the seat was taken up with huge cupholders I think you would get just as much time height/wideth wise out of the EFT. I don't think a 65lb kid is going to fit in the My Ride for hight or hip width.
So in the end if the EFTA had fit in my husbands car we would have gone with that over the my ride.
Good Luck.

Rosey

I would say to look at the True Fit as well. You can get them for around $150 on amazon.com so it seems it is in your price range. I do not own a Myride, but I have played with it in the store and read some reviews here and the seat back is very slanted so while it would last you longer rear facing, it does not appeal to me for older kids forward facing.

We love our truefit and it offers the most leg room of any of our seats.

aisraeltax

we love the MY Ride (well, my son does).

it fits in our car really well and actually takes up less room than his brothers RF'ing BV (by several inches, which makes a difference b/c im pretty tall).

my son is 3.9 months and has a TON of room left. He is approximately 36 lbs. and around 37 inches last time i checked. A pretty average size kid i think.

He has a lot of room side to side in this seat, lots of leg room and several inches of growth height wise.

the TF is a nice seat too and I consider it comparable to the MR; however, it only RF's to 35 lbs. so not good for us.

Shaunam

I have almost ten month old twins (B/G) and I'm on the hunt for a convertible carseat, that we'll hopefullyget a few years use out of.

Cost is a factor (Hubby laid off seven months ago), but I don't want to let that totally rule my decision. Plus we have to get four seats (two for my vehicle and one for hubby's) - maybe get less expensive/comfy seat for hubby's vehicle as the babies are mainly in my van.

Here are a few questions for you.

* Do they have easy enough strap adjustment? Or one vs the other? Always adjust them depending on what they wear.

* How huge of a deal is it that the EFTA has a lower weight limit vs the Graco?

Any pros or cons between them? This is driving me batty! I need to decide and I can't decide what seat to get. :confused:

Thanks in advance for your time!

Both have pretty easy strap adjustments, but the EFTA does have a learning curve. Some people have difficulty with it at first.

The higher rf'ing weight limit on the MR isn't a big deal unless you have super chunks (like 30-35 lbs by a year). If you do, I'd definitely choose the MR. The ff'ing weight limit will also likely not be an issue. Most kids will only get to about 50 lbs in either.

I have both and I prefer the MR. I prefer the harness adjustment and I like how it installs. I like that the belt paths don't scrape up my hands when I'm installing it. It seems to have a *slightly* taller shell (barely noticible) but slightly lower top slots than the EFTA. Either one will last a long time though.

I mainly like the MR more because it's super supportive for my DD with CP. Not an issue for other kids, but if you want something that "cradles" them more, the MR would be it. :D I also like the color choices better on the MR. And the infant insert (not an issue for you unless you pass it down to future kiddos and use it from birth).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC