Question 3 across in 2003 VW Jetta

MommySteph06

I'm trying to find a way to get 3 across in my '03 VW Jetta. I know I could get 3 SKRs and problem solved, but I like to be difficult! ;)
Currently I have a Graco Comfort Sport FF and a Graco Nautilus. I'd like to at least keep the Nautilus, but would LOVE to keep both (although I know that's probably not going to happen).
My oldest is almost 3 (bday 10/28). She weighs about 39 lbs. I'm not positive on her height but I think it's 38" (she's in 95th percentile). My son is FF in the Comfort Sport. He weighs about 29.5 lbs. Again, not positive on his height either but I think it's about 32" (he's in 90th percentile). I'm due with baby #3 in 8 weeks.
I read that a Baby Trend Flex Loc without the base would fit, but I tried it at Babies R Us and couldn't get both doors to close without forcing it (that's not OK, right?). Is it possible for me to keep the Nautilus? I can't find any stores locally that carry the SKRs for me to try.
I'm so frustrated! Thanks in advance for your help!
PS. According to some specs I found online, my car has 52.5" shoulder room. I don't know if that's the important measurement or not, but it's all I could find.

ADS

Calideedle

You should be able to if you trade the Comfort Sport for a Radian & get the Flex Loc for the baby (or a Key Fit).

I was able to get 3 Across my '04 Jetta using: RFing Radian, FFing Regent, RFing Flex Loc. Also FFing Radian, RFing Flex Loc, FFing Regent.

I have pics I can dig up. There was 4 fingers worth of space between each door & end car seat. I am not sure if there are any differences in 2003 vs 2004 Jettas?

MommySteph06

I am not sure if there are any differences in 2003 vs 2004 Jettas?

I think they're the same. I looked it up on the same site that I found specs for my car and they're the same for the '03 and '04.
How did you have them installed? Which one was in the middle or would it matter? Do you know if you had them installed with LATCH or seat belts? Were you able to install the base with the Flex Loc?
Sorry about all the questions!

Calideedle

All were installed with seat belts and yes I used the base. I couldn't get both RFing seats next to each other because the Flex Locs handle would hit the Radians shell no matter what position it was in so I couldn't get it installed.

The only ways I tried installing were:

L - R

RFing Radian, FFing Regent, RFing Flex Loc
FFing Radian, RFing Flex Loc, FFing Regent

3across3-1.jpg

(ignore the strange child in the infant seat, lol)
3across1-1.jpg

3across2-1.jpg

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC