What would you do?.....

Which would you choose?

• Buy one now so she can be rear-facing in both cars.

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Wait and see if something better comes on the market and keep her FF in Brian's car.

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • clicky box

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters

emandbri

Let me first say that Elizabeth will be rear-facing in my van until at least 45 lbs no matter what. :D

My choices are wait until she is 40 lbs and then by an radian XT 45 (or something else that comes on the market) or buy one now.

If I buy one now I can put the radian that goes to 40 lbs rear-facing in Brian's car and she can use it instead of the forward facing marathon.

I have been using Brian's car on the days he carpools since it gets better gas millage than my van so she is in his car about twice a week.

She just turned 3, is 36 lbs, and 38 inches tall.

ADS

mommaon112903

3yrs is *my* bare minimum for turning FF and 5yrs, *maybe* 6yrs is my max for RFing. I would :love: to RF to booster age, so what *I* would do, if I had money of course, is to RF in both cars but if I didn't I would not have second thoughts of FF over the age of 3yrs in a car the child is not in that often.

NannyMom

I'd buy one now. Well, not today.... but soon, gotta make sure you'll get a 9/09 DOM. But that's me. Sofi's about to turn 3, and I think I'd have a heart attack driving with her FF. :eek: 4 is my minimum for FF. Not sure what my max is.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Honestly, I wouldn't even think about doing anything until Sunshine Kids makes an announcement regarding a 45-lb. RF limit for the XT. Really, at this point all we have is (at least) second-hand information. :shrug-shoulders: (No offense to Judi, of course. :))

Splash

You know what I would do. Because a month after you buy a 45 pound seat, a 50 one will come out that you'll demand to have, and after that a 55. You said the one she was in was the last. Is Brian really going to let you buy another new seat, knowing you'll be buying another one not long after that?

kidzndogz

I wouldn't buy one now.

First, it's not even for sure to be out.

Second, you don't even know how long it'll be till she hits 40lbs. Probably a long time. She's almost 3, she's fine FFing in your DH's car. And he may want to spend that money on something else since you got to spend it on the 40lb Radian last time. And she's RFing in your van, so you've got it covered already without needing to buy a new seat. :thumbsup:

NannyMom

But she won't need another in a month. She won't need it until 36 pound Elizabeth gets to 45 pounds. She can put the 40 pound RN FF in the 2nd car, like she did with the MA when she got the 40 pound RN.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I'm with Splash. If you promised no more seats, then no more seats.

I noticed there wasn't an option in the poll for "don't buy another seat".

Last edited:

emandbri

The agreement was no new harnessed seat unless I sold one and I am selling one of the MAs.

Splash

For the same price that it will cost to purchase the XT?

I would leave her FF in his car and RF in yours. Once she hits 40 pounds, evaluate. She might be 5 years old. Charlie has barely gained anything in months, close to a year. I think it would be unreasonable to expect him to have a RF seat in his car, especially a RF radian which obliterates the front seat in most vehicles.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
For the same price that it will cost to purchase the XT?

I would leave her FF in his car and RF in yours. Once she hits 40 pounds, evaluate. She might be 5 years old. Charlie has barely gained anything in months, close to a year.

I agree with Splash completely on this one. Keep her RF in the primary vehicle. If it really bothers you that much, stop driving the car on the days Brian carpools. (How much gas would you have to save to compensate for the cost of a new Radian XT?) Re-evaluate when she reaches 40 lbs. At the very least, if you do that, you'll have the benefit of knowing about any new seats that come out between now and then, and you won't have to play the "what should I do?" game with yourself every time. :eek:

P.S. We all know what you're going to do anyway, so why bother with the poll? ;) :p

emandbri

Now that you mention it he doesn't like having a rear-facing seat in his car and the install is too annoying to put it in every time I take his car. I do think I am going to wait until Elizabeth is 40 lbs, based on how the other kids gained I should have about a year and a half.

emandbri

P.S. We all know what you're going to do anyway, so why bother with the poll? ;) :p

How do you know what I'm going to do when I don't know what I'm going to do? Unless you have insider info that the new XT is plaid, then I have to buy it! ;)

DahliaRW

I wouldn't. First, your child might not make it to 45lbs rfing in the XT (my 4yo is 40-41lbs and is too tall). Second, something better might come out in the meantime.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC