Lovinwaves/other Odyssey owners

granolamama

question for Darren

Darren, I have a question about the rear seat top tether on the '05 Odyssey. As understand it, the '05 model is the only year in which there is only 1 3rd row top tether AND no way to install more. So, can I tether an outboard seat to it, or can I only tether a 3rd row seat if it's in the center? Thanks.

-Helen

ADS

granolamama

I have a 2005 EX-L, and the tire noise doesn't bother me, though it can be louder on certain kinds of freeway pavement. We rarely open the 2nd row windows, though, because on many pavements it sets up some kind of rattling noise that just drives me nuts.

So, here's what I would change about the Odyssey:
1) Get rid of the rattling noise in the 2nd row windows.
2) Have 3rd row windows be able to open a bit.
3) Be able to completely control rear climate control from the driver's seat (only available on the Touring model, AFAIK).
4) Make 3rd row sunshades standard, or at least more available.
5) Add more top tether anchors, preferably not stretched across the cargo area. (I understand starting in '06, you can at least get more added in the back, even though they're at the back of the cargo area.)
6) Make the steering wheel a smidgen easier to reach. (I understand the '07 model has a telescopic steering wheel adjustment, along with tire pressure monitor standard on all the models.)
7) Make the 3rd row shoulder belts height adjustable, like the first 2 rows.

Overall, I totally love my Odyssey, though, and can't imagine driving anything else. I've never had anything against mini-vans in the first place, though, as I like things that are extremely practical. :)

-Helen

Lys

Senior Community Member
My main complaint about the Odyssey is the tire/road noise. It's not so bad around town or on most asphalt, but it gets very loud at highway speeds on concrete. It can get pretty tiring on long trips.

This is what I hated about our Odyssey. It was so loud on the highway, the kids couldn't hear the DVD player.
I can happily say that my Pilot is not like that at all! I love how smooth it drives and how quiet it is on the highway.
I do ALOT of highway driving too. Every other weekend I drive 150 miles roundtrip to take my dd to meet her dad for weekend visits.

steph

Congrats! Did you get the Billet Silver Metallic or the Nimbus Gray? And did you buy or lease this time around?

ETA: Did you get XM Radio free for a year? I'm trying to figure out if it was a Honda promotion or a dealership promotion.

We got the Billet Silver Metallic (although it was between that and Nibmus Gray). We bought it....we figure that in a few years when it comes time for that "minivan" (i.e. more than 1 or 2 kids) then DH can trade his Pilot in for the minivan and he can drive this one we have now (since he is soooo jealous because mine has a sunroof, navigation and XM LOL)!!!

Oh and we get XM free for 3 months then it is $12 a month after that. We have it on our Audi and I love it!!!! If you drive alot it is nice to have commercial free radio plus it has Disney music for the kiddos!!! Yours must be a dealer promotion, very cool:cool: .

lovinwaves

Don't minivans kind of have it in for themselves to be noisy? I mean because the cockpit is so vast and open? I always thought minivans in general were louder on the highway. Maybe alsobecause they are so close to the ground? I would imagine sound would carry much more because of the openess.

This same concept I think also applies in stereo competitions. A lot of the contestants use open designed vehicles like, honda Element, Vans, large SUv's, etc... The sound is better because it is allowed to bounce, if you will, around the cabin more easily.

I might be totally crazy, but this is my thinking. :)

skaterbabs

According to Cam it has to do with how well the vehicle is insulated and what kind of sound-absorbing materials are used in the cabin.

they use big vehicles in sound competitions not because the sound can bounce around more, but simply because the larger vehicles allow more space for installing subwolfers and amplifiers. :rolleyes:

lovinwaves

According to Cam it has to do with how well the vehicle is insulated and what kind of sound-absorbing materials are used in the cabin.

they use big vehicles in sound competitions not because the sound can bounce around more, but simply because the larger vehicles allow more space for installing subwolfers and amplifiers. :rolleyes:

Tee Hee!! Yeah I guess I was crazy Rebekah! I asked my DH as well, and he concured with what your husband said also. My Dh also use to install car audio systems. I guess I always though it was sound related not speaker placement :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC