IRL pics of the MyRide65

Joyofbirth

Can those of you with MR65s please post a pic for me? I'd really like to see real pics of the different covers. With or without kiddos. I really, realloy want to see Alma and flair if anybody has them. Are they as bright in real life? Also, how is install on this seat? And is the harness continuous or separater? Thanks!

ADS

Raegansmom4

I have it in Bartlett (the gray one w/ blue piping). My pic isn't the greatest, plus not one you are looking at anyway. It installs easily in my Taurus - both seatbelt and LATCH. The harness is a typical 5-point w/ a front adjuster - it is connected in back w/ a splitter plate.

Summerluvin

I have the Alma. I apologize, I am unable to upload photos at the moment. A customer review at walmart.com has posted pictures of the Alma though, so you can get a better idea.

It is sooo pretty! IRL, the purple is not as 'loud' as it seems in the stock picture. Also, once the infant insert is removed, it opens up a lot more of the pink print. You can't easilly tell from pics, but the print has birds and butterfies on it. It's so cute!

The intall is SUPER easy, even in the back of our pickup, which we had had problems with installing other seats. HTH. I like it a lot! :thumbsup:

Mommy2Marcus

Here are a couple of pics of the Spiral from BRU! I really like my MR!

008-7.jpg

(BTW: I know it is not tethered in this pic, it was only a test fit!)

007-8.jpg

I hope these help!

Joyofbirth

Thanks for the help. Seeing it installed FFing helps too. I was afraid it would be very laid back for FFing. In that pic, it seems ok. I love the look of the Alma. It's so pretty. Now to figure out how to get one. Does anybody have a MR65 and a Truefit? Anybody care to offer a comparison? I'm a little nervous to not have any rebound control on my baby's seat. I've always rear-faced with Britax seats tethered.

Mommy2Marcus

Thanks for the help. Seeing it installed FFing helps too. I was afraid it would be very laid back for FFing. In that pic, it seems ok. I love the look of the Alma. It's so pretty. Now to figure out how to get one. Does anybody have a MR65 and a Truefit? Anybody care to offer a comparison? I'm a little nervous to not have any rebound control on my baby's seat. I've always rear-faced with Britax seats tethered.

Unfortunatly it is quite laid back when FF. That picture doesn't really show how reclined it is FF. However here is one that will.
010-7.jpg

However it is not quite as bad as I thought it would be either. If you have a child that has outgrown RF, but is still a car sleeper then this would be a good option. I used it FF some while on vacation & my child is a BIG car sleeper. He slept for about 2 hours in it, while we got lost looking for the beach, without ANY head slump. So that is a BIG plus for me if I have to use it FF. So I say if you like the seat overall to go for it. It is really nice IMHO!

ETA: you can see it in action RF for my almost 3year old down below in my signature picture! He is quite leggy as you can see & has NO issues with it at all!

kidrepair

I have the Alma. I apologize, I am unable to upload photos at the moment. A customer review at walmart.com has posted pictures of the Alma though, so you can get a better idea.

It is sad that both pictures on the walmart site show misuse, one review has the straps too high and the other the straps are too loose, now I can't decide, I thought I was set on the Flair pattern but the Alma looks so pretty...

NannyMom

I had a My RIde and a True Fit. Because of the cup holders, the MR is a tad wider. With the TF center, I could flip the side seats in my van and it would just rib the TF. With the MR installed center, the flipped seat would try to break off the cupholder :whistle:

The insdie of the TF is wider. The MR cradled Sofi better. When she was asleep, she could just lean her head to the side. When she slept in the TF, the sides were too far away so her head just flopped. I know it's not a safety issue, just a Mommy comfort issue :)

I needed a rolled towel to install the TF, and it wasn't 45*. With the MR, I needed nothing to install and it was 45*. Sofi's older though and doesn't need a 45* angle.

The MR installed easier with LATCH than the TF did because it had no lockoffs. Just clip the latch hooks on and tighten. ;)

The TF has a continuous harness. So I didn't loosen or tighten to put Sofi in and out. I'd just pull 1 side longer, then the other. The MR doesn't have a continuous harness, but I still didn't have to adjust each time. I just put her in and out w/o loosening. For comparison, I also have a Titan with continuous harness, and I do have to loosen the harness when putting her in. Not sure why it doesn't work as well for me as the TF. :shrug-shoulders:

The TF has a much taller shell, but lower RF weight limit. It has the same FF weight limit, but taller top slots than the MR. The MR also installs very reclined FF. I'll see if I can find the thread where I posted pics of it....

ETA: Here is a post with pics of Sofi in it FF. http://www.car-seat.org/showpost.php?p=854117&postcount=7 I did have pics of J in it FF, and it offered him good leg support.... better than the Vivo :)

NannyMom

Here are some pics of my Alma seat. DD doesn't use the infant insert, that's why it is just placed on top of the seat in the one picture. Sorry for the link, they are too big to post directly here.

Oh, I love Alma!

I really want to see flair IRL too. Have you gone to target's website to find a store near you that has it? I tried that, but the only store in our area is 30-45 mins in a direction I never travel :(

kidrepair

I posted a pic a while ago of the flair pattern, the pic isn't that great and I have no idea how to paste a link to the thread but if you do a search for Anyone see the Flair MyRide at Target, my pic is #10....the coloring is a bit off for some reason, the pinks are much more vibrant than the pic shows...I still can't decide between the Flair and Alma either, my dd loves pink and purple, but I don't want the purple to be bright either..

NannyMom

I posted a pic a while ago of the flair pattern, the pic isn't that great and I have no idea how to paste a link to the thread but if you do a search for Anyone see the Flair MyRide at Target, my pic is #10....the coloring is a bit off for some reason, the pinks are much more vibrant than the pic shows...I still can't decide between the Flair and Alma either, my dd loves pink and purple, but I don't want the purple to be bright either..

http://www.car-seat.org/showpost.php?p=942151&postcount=10

There it is.

Joyofbirth

I had a My RIde and a True Fit. Because of the cup holders, the MR is a tad wider. With the TF center, I could flip the side seats in my van and it would just rib the TF. With the MR installed center, the flipped seat would try to break off the cupholder :whistle:

The insdie of the TF is wider. The MR cradled Sofi better. When she was asleep, she could just lean her head to the side. When she slept in the TF, the sides were too far away so her head just flopped. I know it's not a safety issue, just a Mommy comfort issue :)

I needed a rolled towel to install the TF, and it wasn't 45*. With the MR, I needed nothing to install and it was 45*. Sofi's older though and doesn't need a 45* angle.

The MR installed easier with LATCH than the TF did because it had no lockoffs. Just clip the latch hooks on and tighten. ;)

The TF has a continuous harness. So I didn't loosen or tighten to put Sofi in and out. I'd just pull 1 side longer, then the other. The MR doesn't have a continuous harness, but I still didn't have to adjust each time. I just put her in and out w/o loosening. For comparison, I also have a Titan with continuous harness, and I do have to loosen the harness when putting her in. Not sure why it doesn't work as well for me as the TF. :shrug-shoulders:

The TF has a much taller shell, but lower RF weight limit. It has the same FF weight limit, but taller top slots than the MR. The MR also installs very reclined FF. I'll see if I can find the thread where I posted pics of it....

ETA: Here is a post with pics of Sofi in it FF. http://www.car-seat.org/showpost.php?p=854117&postcount=7 I did have pics of J in it FF, and it offered him good leg support.... better than the Vivo :)

Can you compare the TF and the Titan a bit. My baby is in a Titan right now. We got it at a seat check. I am grateful for it because we haven't had the money to buy her a seat. But I really hate the harness on it. It sticks on the bottom, seaming like it;s tight but I have to pull it more at the hips to actually get out the last 2 inches of slack. And like you said it's impossible to buckle her in without loosening the harness. It also leans a god bit toward the buckle. I need to choose the right seat for her because my dh will not let me get another seat for her until we have to.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC