install help!!!

sme84118

Ok well I bit the money bullet and bought the regent tonight and I am glad I did but I have an install question. Should it move from side to side? and with the tether does it go around the headrest? does that make sense? Cause it's like in a circle kinda? I hope it amkes sense anyway Thanks.

ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Ah I didn't see this before I replied to your other thread about Regent vs. Radian.

When installed, the Regent shouldn't move more than an inch at the belt path, and ideally you can get it in there rock solid. What installation method did you use? If you installed it with LATCH, you can try to tighten the LATCH straps up more snugly by reaching through the seatbelt path slots on the Regent's seat back and pulling the LATCH straps toward you to tighten them up more. Sorry if this isn't a very clear description, it would be much easier to demonstrate this in person - a tech showed me this tip when I bought my DD's Regent.

If you can't keep the Regent from moving excessively with a LATCH installation, you could try to install using the seatbelt instead and see if that gets you a more solid installation. In my vehicles (DH's Saturn L100 and my Sienna), installing with the seatbelt using the long belt path method was way more solid than LATCH or the seatbelt using the short belt path method.

I'm not sure about your top tether question (not a tech, just a very carseat obsessed mom), and will defer to a tech to help you out more on that part of your post.

CatSanders

Hey Sme!!! Its me ;) ...my Regent doesnt move at all. I used the seatbelt because I cant figure out how to tighten the latch tight enough. The tether went over the seat and under the head rest. At least that is how I did mine. I hope its right...if not I am sure someone will let me know.

Cathy

Misty-Bug

someone correct me cause I am sure I am wrong
This is what I would do
Somehow see if you can go under the headrest. If not center it on the headrest and pull as tight as you possibly can. Get in the seat and put your weight in the seat and pull. IMO it would still have slack if you went around the headrest. Especially if it is only one tether and not even on either side. I would think that it would eventually start pulling to that side.
I may be wrong and someone can correct me but it just seems right to do it the way I mentioned. Can you show a picture of the seat?

jenny03

There is a picture of my Regent in another thread, Regent install help, I think it's called. If you can't get it tight with the headrest on (going under it), you can remove it and store it somewhere. That's what I had to do. I wouldn't trust that the headrest would hold in an accident if you put the tether ON the headrest.

SPJ&E

Ditto the putting your weight in the seat...that definitely helps get it tighter. About the tether...I'm really not sure. With the way the Britax tethers are, I have seen them go around the headrests before, with one strap on each side...BUT I would try to go under first and only go around if a tech. or your manual okays it. One of the techs. of Regent owners will be much more helpful I'm sure!

Last edited:

jenny03

Putting the tether around the headrest may work depending on your vehicle seat. I'm pretty sure the Regent manual says under the headrest tho.

flipper68

Senior Community Member
If your vehicle headrest is NOT removable, then YES, the versa tether will go around it.

Attach and tighten the tether so it travels the shortest distance possible between the tether anchor and the back of the Regent.

RE movement: Make sure you are checking at the belt path (right where the LATCH or the seatbelt is). As you move farther away from the belt path, there may be slightly more movement. IME however, Britax seats install "rock the car" tight.

HTH. Congrats on your new purchase.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC