Advice, long post, sorry

Courtney

I have 1 dd who will be 2 next month, about 25 pounds and 35 inches, and am expecting a newbie in Dec. We currently have dd in a Graco ComfortSport, which she has outgrown height wise. She was switched ffing at 13 months. She would cry so much and throw up it was dangerous for the driver to be that distracted. We just put her rfing again and it hasn't been too bad yet, but it's only been 1 day.

I need new seats for her and the baby. I also need to be able to fit one center, one passenger because we often have a 5th person in our car, not in a carseat. We have a 1990 Volvo 740, small backseat. I would like these to be the last seats we have to buy. I was looking at the Radians, and they seem really great but am not sure how well they would fit in our car. We haven't put dd's carseat rfing anywhere but the center, so I'm not sure how one would fit behind our passenger seat. I have been looking online for like 3 weeks now, and honestly everything is just jumbling together:eek:. I had originally wanted to get 2 Graco MyRide 65, but now they don't seem so great.

Anyone have any advice, expierence, anything? Thanks so much:eek:

ADS

Maedze

Hi Courtney.

You made a great decision to turn your child rear facing and I'd like to extend my congratulations for that :)

I'm not familiar with your specific model of car, so I'll let someone else address the 'puzzling' issue, but I'd like to comment on a few things.

There are no seats out there that will be the 'last seat you have to buy'. You can get a convertible now that should last you until your children are done with harnessed seats, but after that you will need a high back booster, and possibly a backless booster in the future. There are a few seats on the market that claim to go all the way through the boostering stage, but they make terrible, unsafe boosters and should never be used as such.

The narrowest seats are definitely the Radians. It would probably fit just fine in the center position (rear facing), but I don't know if it would work outboard.

In your shoes, I would consider the Radian rearfacing for my two year old in the center position, and an infant carrier outboard for the baby. A narrow infant carrier like the Chicco Keyfit30 should get you to around the first birthday, maybe a little more.

Graco My Rides are FANTASTIC seats and I would highly recommend them for both your children, except that I really doubt you'd be able to get them next to each other. Too big. If they were both going outboard, they'd be perfect for you.

momofmandp

OK, I don't actually have any experience with a Coccoro, but from what I've read, it's a pretty narrow convertible that would fit better than a Radian behind a passenger. I would get a Radian for your dd to ride rear facing in the center and maybe a Coccoro for the baby. Although the Coccoro won't last as long rear facing, by the time the baby outgrows it rear facing, you can then pass the Radian down for continued rear facing and then get older dd a Nautilus or Frontier. Just a thought...

Courtney

Thanks! I think I'll go ahead and order 1 Radian and then try it out in a few different positions before we decide on a seat for the newbie. I'll have to look into the other seats you mentioned. I never thought in a million years that I would be spending this much time thinking about car seats!:dizzy:

It would be nice if someone did make a true "only-car-seat-ever-needed". At least there are a ton of options to last a few years. And by the time dd outgrows this one, maybe we'll have another little one to pass it on to! :love:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC