Got my Young Sport!

firemomof3

WOW, so I'm totally in love :love: It fits my 30lb. 3.5y/o just perfectly...and I mean perfectly. Its super soft & plush, no rethread harness and the harness adjustor is as smooth as butter. I checked the dom and its 2 weeks old! It installed super fast & easy using latch. It has a natural recline even without the seat being in "sleeping" mode. I'm sorry I don't have pics. because dh took the camera to training :mad:
Pics added!
Here is ds he is 2y/o 30lbs. 37” tall 13.5” torso. His shoulders are just at the lowest harness slot. I still have him rf in his Radian so this for pics only.
firstdayofschool021.jpg

firstdayofschool022.jpg

Here is dd2 she is 38" tall 13" torso. She loves it!
stuff012.jpg

stuff013.jpg

stuff014.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

fyrfightermomma

Glad you like it! Didnt you have one though before? Or am i thinking of someone else? Or did they change since yours?

I agree they fit tiny kids awesome! Its just perfect for my skinny minny and she'll never sit in anything else. I wouldnt change a thing (well except the weight). It is honestly to me perfect in every way!

firemomof3

Ya, I had dd1 in a Young Sport a few years ago but had sold it. She reached 40lbs. at 4y/o and wasn't ready for a booster. But dd2 is 3.5y/o and just 30lbs. and I think its very possible she won't reach 40lbs. for quite a while!

fyrfightermomma

Ya, I had dd1 in a Young Sport a few years ago but had sold it. She reached 40lbs. at 4y/o and wasn't ready for a booster. But dd2 is 3.5y/o and just 30lbs. and I think its very possible she won't reach 40lbs. for quite a while!

Ahhh. I couldn't figure out if it was you or not! You are the one who *made* me get a YS :love: You showed me pics of your DD in it and I fell in love with the seat. I'll never go back!

My DD is 42" tall with a normal torso length and still not on the top "slot". She should easily make it to 40 lbs in it and still fit height wise. She should be 40 around 6 or so. Your DD should have tons of room as well. And the install with every type of belt is so freaking easy!

Ohh the harness adjuster. It makes my heart flutter! LOL. I've never had one so smooth. And it's the only seat my kid can get the straps over her shoulder and the chest clip fastened herself and without twisting the straps.

I gotta see pics too! I'm so tempted to get one anyways for DD2 when she hits 35 even though it's only for 5 pounds. I love it that much. Hope you enjoy yours!

ETA: What color did you get?

xxluckychicxx

Oh dont tempt me :eek:

I soooo want one for DS, but he is 36lbs at 3 years 1 month :( Why cant it have a higher weight limit? :crying:

firemomof3

Pics added! I'll take some of dd2 as soon as she wakes up :rolleyes: And later, I can get some pics of it in booster mode with dd1 :D

fyrfightermomma

That's the color we got too. Surprisingly it does NOT get dirty even with dirty shoes constantly "criss crossed" on them. I was so afraid when I got it but I've never had to wash it. It fits him perfect! Maybe he'll be a light weight and get to use it a little too when he's older :)

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
I want one soooo bad! But, N is 37lbs so it really isn't worth it. If they up the weight limit, I'll be all over that baby!

Mommy0608

Wow, that's a great fit! I looove that seat too, and now that I got my hands on a Recaro for the first time, I imagine I'd love that even more! :thumbsup:

I have a question about it though... I noticed the harness pads don't look quite as big and thick as those that came with my Signo. Do you know if they are indeed thinner and/or shorter? If so I'd like to find out if I can get some. The Signo's are ridiculously long and thick.

Sorry to derail this thread... back to the topic! The fit looks fantastic, your DD looks so happy, comfy and safe in it. :love:

fyrfightermomma

Wow, that's a great fit! I looove that seat too, and now that I got my hands on a Recaro for the first time, I imagine I'd love that even more! :thumbsup:

I have a question about it though... I noticed the harness pads don't look quite as big and thick as those that came with my Signo. Do you know if they are indeed thinner and/or shorter? If so I'd like to find out if I can get some. The Signo's are ridiculously long and thick.

Sorry to derail this thread... back to the topic! The fit looks fantastic, your DD looks so happy, comfy and safe in it. :love:

yes they are thinner and shorter than the Signo ones (I took my Signo ones off) but still much larger than most people are used to. They don't seem odd to me anymore after all this time, but at first I thought they were pretty big. But definately not Signo/como sized. It's great for a big kid cause I find they keep the straps from twisting and it's easy for me to "fish" out the straps by grabbing them. Once they get to age 2-2 1/2 I find they don't interefere much anymore and you can properly place the chest clip (not that that helps you now!)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC