Honda Odyssey '05-Nauti, Nauti, FPSV, Eddie Bauer seat, and backless booster...

dkdean

Honda Odyssey '05-Nauti, 3rd row top tether??

ETA: I have read through the manual many times and the archives here...since Graco says "if there is an anchor, tether it", I *know* it doesn't have to be...but since all the archives and responses are saying how much safer it is, I'd rather have it tethered (there also seems to be a ? in terms of YES on tether for LATCH install....YOU SHOULD on tether for seat belt install). Since I am struggling to find the Odyssey manual online, I'm just in more of a quandry! Thanks again for any help!!

Question #1--When installing a Nauti in the 3rd row of the Odyssey (outboard)--It would be a belt install, correct? Is there a way to tether it? Does it have to be tethered?

If it is fine to install it with a seat belt in the outboard postition and NOT tether it, you don't have to read any further. If it has to be tethered (I am thinking ALWAYS with LATCH, but not 100% with seat belt?? but it makes me nervous to not use the tether), then you can read the following to help me reconfigure.

Here's what and who we have in the sitter's car--
My kids--4.5year old in Nauti (35lbs, 42+in), 19month old RF in FPSV.
Her son-4.5 y/o in Nauti
2y/o FF in an Eddie Bauer seat (another child she babysits)
4.5 y/o who rides in a backless booster (carpool child)

The two Nautis were in each of the Captains chairs/2nd row outboards, my DD in 3rd row RF (passenger outboard)-belt install. When the 2 y/o would be in the car, she'd have him ride in the Nauti and her son in a backless booster. My children are always harnessed.

Now that I have filled her in (many times) and the importance of harnessing, she wants her 4.5 y/o to be in the Nauti at all times and not in a booster :thumbsup: But, that leaves us with a problem putting the EB seat in--It needs to be in the middle row/captain-esqe seat b/c the 2 y/o is heavy and the sitter cannot get him into the 3rd row (she puts my DD in RF through the 'trunk').

So, are there any other options? We both just bought the Nautis and the 2 y/o's mom just got the EB seat, so those seats are not going to be replaced.

Has anyone done the Nauti in the 3rd row center (which has a tether position) and a RF FPSV in the outboard? Then the backless booster on the other outboard?
Thanks for any help!!!!!!!

Last edited:
ADS

djma

I cannot answer all of your questions - as I'm not a tech. But I do have an '05 Odyssey. The tether is actually off center in the 3rd row and I believe works better for a center install or passenger side install. I *think* (again, not a tech, here) the tether cannot be used in a driver side install on the 3rd row as it would put the tether at too much of a slant. Does that make sense?

Hopefully someone else will chime in and give a better answer!

dkdean

Thanks!!! I thought it looked pretty centered, but maybe I was looking at it wrong!! I need to get my hands on the manual too--I've been doing my looking on-line...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC