Which rental car? Chevy Aveo or Nissan Versa?

ChristyH

I'm going out of town in 2 months with just the baby and I'm trying to decide what rental car is going to be best for fitting her car seat in.

My 2 choices are the Chevy Aveo or Nissan Versa.

It's just me and (soon to be) 18 month old and my dad who will be riding in it, me and my dad will be in the front of course so just the baby in the back seat.

She normally rides in a True Fit or Marathon but I think I'm going to take her Scenera for the airplane ride and the rental car.

Should I take the Marathon instead or will I be ok installing the Scenera in either of those cars?

Thanks for any info you can give me on getting either the Marathon or the Scenera in those 2 cars.

Oh and she's 17lbs right now and I don't see her gaining too much more weight in 2 months. She's rear facing now and will be on the trip also.

Thanks!!

ADS

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Actually, you'll probably need to get dad to ride in the back.
by putting dad in the backseat behind the driver, that allows you to push the front passenger seat all the way forward, which you are pretty much going to need to do to get a RFing seat in there. Otherwise, dad is going to be eating the dash, if he can even get in the car. Hmm..the marathon is obviously heavier, but I'd probably take it..the lockoffs will make installs so much easier, and if you take teh scenera, you'll probably need to bring noodles along to install RFing, which would be annoying. I *think* the versa is slightly bigger than the Aveo, but both are tin-can-size cars.

InternationalMama

Well, it depends how tall your dad is, but I can tell you that we fit my TFP (same shell as TF) with the headrest on in a Nissan Versa just fine and although it's not super comfy for the person sitting in the front passenger seat they certainly aren't ridiculously close to the dashboard. We had a 6 ft 3 in passenger in there with no complaints.

Here's some pics of the TFP installed in the backseat of the Versa. Note that the middle seat of the Versa is a bit raised up so if you install the seat directly behind the passenger seat you gain a bit more room than the way it is installed in these pics, which is what we ended up doing.

I don't have the other seats, but I figured since you have a TF and the other seats you could draw conclusions based on my experience and get a good idea of how the other seats would fit.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC