for all the britax nuts..

didymama

i am looking at seat number 3 for my youngest. currently in snugride, but he is a big boy-currently 12# and 3weeks old top slots on snugride. is it possible to 3 across? my oldest is in a radian, which i love FF but yet to try RF-will when dh gets home. middle child driver's outboard in touriva-will also be replaced. DS3 is in middle. i have to have the FF on a side to get to the center.

question is-would any of them work or are they really that wide. no space between seats. TIA

ADS

SPJ&E

What vehicle do you have?

I have a 2002 2-door Cavalier and can fit a rear-facing Marathon center with a rear-facing Snugride outboard, but cannot fit anything else side-by-side, both rear-facing. I went out and played with the different seats one day and I can BARELY get a FF Scenera outboard with a RF Marathon center. My car is small though...3 across is possible, but very difficult and there aren't many options.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
What kind of car do you have? How old are the other children? How much do they weigh?
It is difficult to make recommendations without that information, but I will try. :)

A Radian is QUITE narrow and the Touriva is pretty narrow too. If you "puzzle" the seats (RF, FF, RF), you should be able to fit the Britax convertible too. I would just try it out. :)

I am a bit confused about if you are buying one or two Britax seats. I will make recommendations either way.

Britax convertibles sit up on a pretty high base (relatively high), so they usually "puzzle" pretty well. I would try putting the seats in various configurations. Try:

1) Britax RF, Touriva FF, Radian RF
2) Britax RF, Radian RF, Touriva FF
3) Britax RF, Radian FF, Touriva RF
4) Britax RF, Radian FF, Britax RF
5) Britax FF, Radian RF, Britax FF.
6) any other configuration you can think of...

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Never mind-- I just saw your siggy that has your children's ages and weights. Sorry!
I also just saw your post with the vehicle type. Sorry!

didymama

i am either going britax or radian and might get both britax or borth radian or one of each. kid stats are in sig. DS2 is short, but DS3 won't be.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Okay, now that I know you have TWO RF ( :) )children, let me revise my recommendations:

If you are buying TWO Britax seats, try:

1) RF Britax, FF Radian, RF Britax

If you are buying ONE Britax seat, try:

1) RF Britax, FF Radian, RF Touriva
2) RF Britax, FF Touriva, RF Radian

If you are buying ONE Britax and ONE Radian, I would try:

1) RF Radian, FF Britax, RF Radian
2) RF Britax, FF Radian, RF Radian

I would definitely put your FF child in the center, if possible.

Best of luck!

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Well since you already have a Radian, I'd try it in all 3 positions. It's a GREAT seat for 3 across, if you can get a good install. It's a long seat for rf though, so it may only fit in the center rf.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
If you are buying TWO Radians, I would try:

RF Radian, FF Radian, RF Radian

I would think that you should be able to fit three across. It will just take some patience to find the right configuration! :)

didymama

1) Britax RF, Touriva FF, Radian RF-touriva stays RF.
2) Britax RF, Radian RF, Touriva FF-same
3) Britax RF, Radian FF, Touriva RF-don't want climbing over seats-DS1 gets unruly easily
4) Britax RF, Radian FF, Britax RF-same
5) Britax FF, Radian RF, Britax FF.-DS1 needs radian for torso height-at top slots
6) any other configuration you can think of...

radian FF, brx RF, brx RF
brxrf, brxrf, rad ff
rad ff, rad rf x2
rad ff, brx rf, rad rf etc

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Sorry-- ignore my first reply to your post. I somehow missed all your information about your kiddos that was in your siggy. Sorry! :eek: I didn't realize your oldest was over 40 pounds or that your middle child was so little. Sorry 'bout that! :)

I would try some of the configurations I mentioned in later posts. They may work. But, since you siad your oldest gets ansy, try the FF Radian outboard instead.

I wish you the best of luck! :)

didymama

i know that the FF *should* be in the middle, but he is the last to go in and will be all over the car in a heart beat if i don' have reach of him-hence our reason for harnessing him.

skipspin

From my experience a RFing Britax does not puzzle well with a FFing Radian. It puzzles great the other way around and even better when they are both the same direction. How about RFing Britax, RFing Radian, FFing Radian if you have two Radians. If you decide on two Britax seats you might want to try FFing Britax, RFing Britax RFing Radian.

Here is a FFing RN with a RFINg Britax. It works, but I can't get another Britax on the other side this way.
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d83/skipspin/Car Seats/RNffandWZrfinVUE.jpg

Here are both seats FFing. See how the RN is almost behind the Britax. They fit very well. It works about the same RFing.
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d83/skipspin/Car Seats/RNandWZffinginVUE3.jpg

Here are two RNs. Yes, I can fit three across without stuffing them in- I just only had two to play with. LOL. (They are in with LATCH in the photo, and look different sized because of the tightness of the install and colors.)
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d83/skipspin/Car Seats/CIMG5211.jpg

Here are two RFing.
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d83/skipspin/Car Seats/CIMG5215.jpg

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I wish I had a photo to show you, but I have fit a RF Radian and a RF Boulevard next to each other in my car, but I didn't try a third seat next to the Radian. I wish I had a photo. :(

Good luck!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC