In Step jogging stroller

agurlsride

I found one of these on my CL that I am thinking of buying but I know nothing about jogging strollers whatsoever. It will be for my 3.5yr old when we walk my older kids to school, its about a mile on a fairly straight path but half of the way is all dirt/sand/gravel. Would this be an ok choice? I live in Arizona so I need something with a decent canopy because its usually about 105-108* in the afternoons when we walk home, in the mornings its ok because its in the 90's. I heard that jogging strollers were a PITA to turn....any opinions? I can't afford much and they are selling this stroller for $20 so I thought I'd pick it up. I have him in a regular stroller now and its really tough to push it through the dirt.

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
For $20, heck yeah, I would do it. The sun shade is good, but not bob, valco good. Is it a jogger or swivel/lock?

ETA: Jogger, got it. I need to read. I can easily pop the front wheel up, and turn a jogger. If you don't like it, wash it up and sell it for $60.

agurlsride

Thanks for your opinion. I was thinking the same thing about the turning thing. I noticed that the joggers with the fixed wheels are easy to lift the front wheel up to turn. Can't beat $20 right? The seller said that its in good condition and that they sealed the tires with tired sealant before they used it to help keep the tires from going flat....I hope that doesnt mean it had a problem before but I'm guessing that new tubes dont cost too much.

Thanks again.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Jogging stroller hold their value. I can't believe they are selling it for $20, really. I sold an old double, OLD for $65.

Melanie

Thanks for your opinion. I was thinking the same thing about the turning thing. I noticed that the joggers with the fixed wheels are easy to lift the front wheel up to turn. Can't beat $20 right? The seller said that its in good condition and that they sealed the tires with tired sealant before they used it to help keep the tires from going flat....I hope that doesnt mean it had a problem before but I'm guessing that new tubes dont cost too much.

Thanks again.

Totally get it for $20. New tubes are about $4 at Wal Mart. DH always changes ours, but it's supposed to be super easy. He's done it in 5 minutes in the trunk of the car with only a multi-purpose tool.

lovinwaves

I'd say it's worth the $20 if the stroller is in safe condition. Just a few things to check!

Push the stroller and make sure it doesn't severely veer one way or the other. That could be a serious deal breaker.

Make sure the frame is ok and nothing is broken. If you need it to fold up, make sure it does that as well. For safety make sure there is a tether strap for your hand, and/or a handbrake, or parking brake.

agurlsride

Totally get it for $20. New tubes are about $4 at Wal Mart. DH always changes ours, but it's supposed to be super easy. He's done it in 5 minutes in the trunk of the car with only a multi-purpose tool.

Nice...I think that should be easy for me to do...I like stuff like that..its faster than asking dh to do it.

agurlsride

I'd say it's worth the $20 if the stroller is in safe condition. Just a few things to check!

Push the stroller and make sure it doesn't severely veer one way or the other. That could be a serious deal breaker.

Make sure the frame is ok and nothing is broken. If you need it to fold up, make sure it does that as well. For safety make sure there is a tether strap for your hand, and/or a handbrake, or parking brake.

Yeah I had read some reviews on epinions about the alignment of the front wheel being off, I'll definitely check that. And the other good stuff too...Thanks!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC