Tell me about your safe vehicle

ccjones

Another vote for a Pilot! I just bought a 2007 EX-L 4WD Pilot on December 1st, shortly after I got the money from the insurance company for my totaled 2005 Nissan Xterra. I'm pretty cheap, so I was kinda bummed three different Honda dealerships couldn't locate a new 2006 model on clearance in my state and the three neighboring states, so I ended up getting a 2007. I really like it, I can't get over how smooth the ride is compared to the Xterra, the suspension is just awesome! It really does feel like driving a sedan!

I wanted leather seats, and the only trim to offer leather is the EX-L. But if you were willing to get cloth seats, like another posted said, AND if you don't need 4WD where you live, then you should be able to get a pretty good deal on a 2WD Pilot LX or EX.

ADS

steph

I was referring to the 2006 models on the informedforlife website, and also this link will show you the Odyssey/kia/Hyundia are rated better than the NIssan Quest....IIHS ratings 2007

The 2007 informed for life list rates the Quest better than the Ody.

But I still think if I was looking for a van I would get the Ody. I'm just a Honda fan!!!

lovinwaves

The 2007 informed for life list rates the Quest better than the Ody.

But I still think if I was looking for a van I would get the Ody. I'm just a Honda fan!!!

Oops my link was suppose to be for 2006...LOL

Anywho, I think any cars that are high up on that list are going to be just safe as one another. The Odyssey sets the precedence for Minivans. All the others seem to lack in one way or another, JMO. I have yet to read an article where they put the any other minivan above the ODyssey, hence our decision of purchasing one. LOL

Aaron'smommy

I am buying my Odyssey EX for 26,900, today (2007) if that helps you... it's the sticker +500. The dealer gets a holdback of $850 on top of the $500 they're making from me, so I don't feel so bad... Also, the Nissan Quest, while rated higher on the informed for life website, doesn't rate well in rear crashes (Same with Sienna). I called my brother, who is a paramedic in a large city, and asked him from a practical point what his opinion was about crashes. He said from his observation (mind you, he's in a large city with more traffic than rural) that most accidents are rear-endings. So, with that in mind we went with the Odyssey!

Not sure if any of that matters, just thought I'd share!
:)

oxeye

We have a Chrysler Pacifica - I don't know how it rates with all the things you mentioned but it is very safe. 5 stars in front and side impact, 4 stars in rollover (which is good for an SUV/minivan).

Lots of other stuff - weight sensitive front airbags, side airbags for all three rows of seats. ABS of course.

I bought it because of its safety ratings. They start around $26k I think (but don't quote me on that!)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC