LATCH limit of 2001 ford focus

ADS

Splash

48 pounds for lower anchors, 60 pounds for top tether. Top tether always recommended even over the top tether weight limit, but never use the LAs over the limit.

Violet

48 pounds for lower anchors, 60 pounds for top tether. Top tether always recommended even over the top tether weight limit, but never use the LAs over the limit.

Oh, so you're supposed to continue using the top tether when you have to switch to a seat belt?

Does the lower limit apply when the booster is just latched in but using the seat belt for actual restraint?

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Does the lower limit apply when the booster is just latched in but using the seat belt for actual restraint?

No, since the lower anchors would be restraining just the weight of the booster. Most boosters aren't LATCH-able, of course. :)

Violet

No, since the lower anchors would be restraining just the weight of the booster. Most boosters aren't LATCH-able, of course. :)

Right, that's what I thought :thumbsup:

Do you know what Graco is saying right now about LATCHing the Nautilus in booster mode right now? I know they've been back and fourth. The manual doesn't say either way.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Do you know what Graco is saying right now about LATCHing the Nautilus in booster mode right now? I know they've been back and fourth. The manual doesn't say either way.

Yes, Graco has been totally back-and-forth on this issue - very wishy washy. I think it came down to "follow the manual that came with your seat." So if your seat doesn't reference it, then it's not allowed.

From what I recall, the issue was that with the way some LATCH anchors and seat belts are spaced, it's very possible that LATCHing the booster could make the seat cover up the seat belt buckle or otherwise space it inappropriately. (There are some vehicles with outboard sets of LATCH anchors that are more toward the center of the vehicle than the outboard seat belts are.)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC