sticky button

danou

on the clip with red button... sorry preggo brain... marathon 07...
sometimes I have to insert the clips into the buckle repeatedly before it connects properly. Has anyone had problems with this?

Just checking out while I wait for business hours on Monday to call CS.

ADS

simplychels

yes my DOM july 07 marathon had that issue. I was always just diligent with making sure I heard that click. Scary incident the very first time I realized it hadnt clicked when I thought it had and the harness came undone on the one side!

i now have a DOM june 09 marathon that both sides click when the clips are buckled into place and no longer have that issue

canadiangie

A Marathon of that year will have the older style crotch buckle if I'm recalling correctly. What it means is that you won't hear/feel a click until both buckle tongues are inserted into the crotch buckle (the thing with the red button). The first tongue will sort of sit in place, and only once the second tongue is engaged will you hear/feel a click. I hope that makes sense.

Now, if you're having other issues with the buckle (things don't click at all, etc) then you have bigger worries. You'd need to call Britax ASAP and stop using the seat for now.

I'm guessing this isn't the case, and it's just a matter of you having the older style crotch buckle.

Does that help?

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Britax also allows their buckles to be rinsed out with warm water if you think that maybe the buckle has gotten dirty or sticky over time. Refer to your manual for how to remove the buckle and clean it. If you don't have your manual, you can look at the current MA manual as removal and cleaning instructions haven't changed. :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC