I could have gotten recaro seats!!

becca011906

Senior Community Member
with out a fight with dh over the price, he didn't want to pay the britax prices, but today he was looking around online for parts for our land rover, we are needing to get a hitch on it, and a roof rack, and a new dvd player for it all by feb when we go down to florida... anyways he was on this site, www.roverparts.com and it has recaro car seats harness seats and booster seat, so he asks me why didn't i buy the car seat that are made for land rover, or that they suggest for landrover!!! Oh he drives me nuts, i said will first of all thoes are more then the seats that i wanted, and they only hanress to 40lbs vs te 65lbs that i have in the radian....

oh men drive me NUTS!

ADS

j4m4d8

LOL!

Seriously, though, car seats and boosters are more appealing to many people when they are found between a hi-lift jack handle keeper and a stainless steel diamond tumbler 14 oz travel mug than when they are found between diapers and baby swings.

Julie D.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
LOL!

Seriously, though, car seats and boosters are more appealing to many people when they are found between a hi-lift jack handle keeper and a stainless steel diamond tumbler 14 oz travel mug than when they are found between diapers and baby swings.

Julie D.

LOL!!! That is SO true!!

One of my friends got her husband to agree to buy a Britax Parkway by doing a little clever Photoshopping. She got a picture of one of the Parkways with college cover, pasted it into a scanned copy of a real college product catalog, and showed it to her husband as if it was an online catalog. He was so impressed by the fact that his college sold carseats that he said they just *had* to have the Parkway (instead of the backless Turbo he originally thought they should buy). It was a bit sneaky on my friend's part, but it worked! :)

skipspin

LOL. So true. Although, I have to admit my DH agreed to a Recaro YS (slightly used from another tech I know) quite easily. I don't know if it was because he has resigned himself to my car seat obsession, got a new truck that week, or because it was Recaro. LOL. Maybe he is just sweet and realized it was a good deal since the baby will be using the WZ ASAP. He also hates having to wait to move car seats, so that could have helped too.

skaterbabs

Cam has resigned himself to another couple of harnessed seats for Joyjoy - here's hoping Recaro gets off their rears and comes out with a HWL combo seat next year....

Shaunam

:rolleyes:

My DH is peeved that I'm about to buy 2 $60 seats for my mom's car and my mil's car even though I've explained to him why I don't like moving one seat around 3 cars, but he's perfectly ok, excited even, about getting our next kid a $300 marathon with a michigan cover, even though we have a perfectly good scenera we can use (I'm not complaining really, I love britax). He even wanted to get a michigan parkway! Um NO, I'm not putting my 2 year old in a booster!

Men are silly. All we need to do is lobby to car seat manufacturers to make more cool, manly car seats and our SO's will quit complaining about the money we spend.

I'm thinking more sports-related seats, camo, hunting, ummm, maybe a marathon with a bud light print cover. :p Do you think britax would be opposed to a cover with naked ladies on it? LOLOLOL

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC